We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

Which Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

Hello,

I'm travelling solo to Ayers Rock June 11-13 2013, was hoping to connect with some other solo travellers for sight seeing, also any advice on where to stay on a budget that is safe for a female solo traveller

Thanks!!

Oz
Level Contributor
11,657 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

Hi,

The entire complex is safe and owned by the one company. How large is your budget because this is a remote area reflected in the prices of everything, especially water.

http://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/

Cheers,

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,842 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

There's backpacker style dormitory accommodation at about $50 per night in the lodge at the Outback Pioneer. A separate room there would run to nearly $200.

Other than that, the cheapest accommodation is at the campground. A cabin is about $155 a night - so not cheap - and it's a walk to the "facilities".

Take a look on Wotif for discounts: wotif.com/hotels/australia-nt-ayers-rock-ulu…

Edited: 2:01 am, May 08, 2013
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

Great, thanks, will definitely check it out!!

Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

Yes, everything is very pricey,,, most of my budget has gone to my flights, hence the small accommodation budget!!! Thanks for the help!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,918 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

Also have a read through the link below its full of helpful tips.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17672-Uluru_Ng…

6. Re: Travelling alone to Ayers Rock soon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...