We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Tours in Uluru

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Tours in Uluru

We will be going to Uluru on February 24th...arriving at 11:05AM and departing the next day at 12:30PM.

Do you suggest we book tours in advance (if I don't rent a car) or can we book them when we arrive at the resort.

I am thinking of a helicopter tour as well as tours to take us to The Olgas and then to walk partially around Uluru and be there for sunset and then the next morning for sunrise before we leave for the airport.

Thank you all for your advice.

LovetotravelNY

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Tours in Uluru

Somebody told me it is better to book the tours in advance. The helecopter tour can be booked while your there, the booking offices for all tours are in the same office (in the 'town centre')

However - i would strongly recommend hiring a car.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,097 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Tours in Uluru

I, too, highly recommend renting a car (which should definitely be booked ahead of your arrival at Uluru). It will give you more flexibility in visiting Uluru and the Olgas and will probably be significantly less expensive than booking a number of tours for a number of people. (Since you mention "we", I assume you are not a single traveler.) Flexibility could come in quite handy since you have just over 24 hours on the ground at Uluru. If you are concerned about driving a right-hand drive car, the area around Uluru is the place to do it because the roads are good, open, and there's very little traffic.

Should you decide to book tours instead, I would suggest booking them in advance if you are sure what you want to do. It would be a shame to get to Uluru and find that the tours are booked out or will not fit your limited schedule. Once you get to Uluru, it would be a miracle if you could get a rental car at the last minute (voice of experience), so you'd be stuck at Yulara Village with no way to get to either Uluru or the Olgas.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Tours in Uluru

longhorn74:

We are Californians traveling to OZ March 08 and are renting a car in Alice and driving ourselves down to Uluru, just seemed like once we got to Uluru that having our own car would save time, $$$, etc. Sounds like you share those sentiments? I ask only that not a lot of Americans post comments on this forum so I tend to get a "locals" opinion on some things....

We are fortunate to have 5 nights total: 2 Alice, 3 Uluru. Not too worried about driving on the other side, but hubby is?

Thanks!

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Tours in Uluru

Hi there,

I would recommend that you book tours PRIOR to going. the reason I suggest this is because I have been to Uluru on a 3 day trip and pre-booked all our tours. I am glad we did as many could not get booked onto tours when they tried to book at the hotel on arrival.

I would recommend:

Sounds of silence dinner (a must do!)

Uluru base walk and breakfast

olgas valley of the winds walk and sunset BBQ

I loved Uluru and it has left a special place in my heart! The whole experience was mystical but also very interesting.

5. Re: Booking Tours in Uluru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...