We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uluru itinerary, please advise :o)

Which Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Uluru itinerary, please advise :o)

Can you please tell me if this is realistic?

Sun 16th Sept:

Arrive 14:55, collect car, check into Emu Walk Apts.

Early (8pm ish) Night Sky show

Mon 17th Sept:

Anangu Sunrise Tour (05:30)

Sounds of Silence

Tue 18th Sept:

Drive to the Olgas for Sunrise

Drop off car and depart 12:55

Any suggestions for any gaps we have (between Sunrise Tour and SoS for instance) would be welcome.

Can you please tell me if sunrise at the Olgas would be worthwhile seeing as we can't make a sunset?

Do you think we've packed in too much, or not enough? We're open to any suggestions rather than limiting them to any specifications :o)

Obviously we will have a hire car throught and do not mind driving where time permitts.

Thanks

Shelley

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uluru itinerary, please advise :o)

Oh, and whilst I have done my research on the weather, any comments on the time of year we are visiting would also be welcome :o)

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uluru itinerary, please advise :o)

There's some nice hiking at the Olgas, so you might want to drive over there on Monday and spend a couple of hours exploring the area. I don't know anything about seeing the sunrise there, but I think you'll have a better experience if you do some walking through the Olgas in addition to going for the sunrise.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uluru itinerary, please advise :o)

Good call, will put that to hubby :o)

4. Re: Uluru itinerary, please advise :o)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...