We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Springvale Homestead accomodations

Which Katherine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Springvale Homestead accomodations

Has anyone stayed at, or even looked at, the accomodations at Springvale Homestead?

I'm still looking for a place to stay around Katherine. I want something unique to the Outback. The last thing I want to do after spending all day in nature is to come home to a generic motel with baby blue walls and a flowered bedspread. I also don't want something that tried to be a generic motel in 1974 and hasn't done any updates. We'd consider camping, but we can't bring camping gear from outside Australia, and we can't find any place to rent that to us in Darwin.

We've picked the safari tents at Wangi tourist park in Litchfield. And the other options we're considering in Katherine are the cabins at either Riverview or Shady Lane tourist parks.

I'm thinking about Springvale because it'd be convenient for the evening croc cruise. And being a historic site, there's the potential of a really uniqe accomodations. But there's no description or photos online, so it could also be a generic motel built next to a historic site.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Springvale Homestead accomodations

Don't know if it matters to you, but Springvale Homestead is probably a 20-minute drive from Katherine and there's nothing else out there. (Of course, this may be exactly what you are looking for.) I was only there for the croc cruise, so I don't know what the guest rooms look like, but I don't recall there being a "generic motel" on site.

2. Re: Springvale Homestead accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Katherine
More Katherine Topics