We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4wd tours and safari in arnhemland and kakadu national park

Which Kakadu National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4wd tours and safari in arnhemland and kakadu national park

my wife and i travelled to australia with 3 kids aged 7 5 and 2.5 in august 2005. a principle part of the trip was to visit the kakadu and off road with the family on an organised trip, my travel agents suggested a few big tour operators but http://www.lords-safaris.com/home.html lords safari web site and the family run nature of the business seemed more attractive so after a number of emails we booked our 6 night safari sight unseen.

manchester uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4wd tours and safari in arnhemland and kakadu national park

my wife and i travelled to australia with 3 kids aged 7 5 and 2.5 in august 2005. a principle part of the trip was to visit the kakadu and off road with the family on an organised trip, my travel agents suggested a few big tour operators but http://www.lords-safaris.com/home.html lords safari web site and the family run nature of the business seemed more attractive so after a number of emails we booked our 6 night safari sight unseen.

We were not disappointed. We were met at the hotel by Sab Lord owner operator with his 4wd landcruiser and specially fitted out trailer, the kids were delighted to find latter in the week that it contained a freezer and nightly icecream treats alongside ice cool cab sav and beer for mum and dad. Sab took us to arnhelm land and the kakadu, we saw loads of wildlife. croc, snakes, frogs, loads of raptors and other birds, wild pigs and wild horses. we climbed thro caves and saw the rock art. we spent nights under clear starry skies and for most of the trip we saw very few if any other people. the main attraction of the kakadu is the land itself which was truely awesome. to see the best of it however you need to go with soemone who both knows and loves the country, sab is born and bred in the northern teritories and lived in the park before t was a park. we could not have found a better guide. we camped, the kids turned into dirty little urchins and loved every minute of it. sab was excellent at organsing the day to be compatible with them and i would recommend to anyone contemplating the kakadu to book his trip. his trips are usually adult affairs and i am saving up hard for the next trip to the kimberlies! All in all it was undoubtably the best thing that we have ever done as a family trip and the highlight of our trip to Oz, i cant recomend Lord's safari enough, thanks Sab

while your waiting for the trip mindle beach market and a crock farm are good day trips as is the botanic gardens and the museum. we also did a night star gazing with a guide thro a leaflet we found in the hotel which was also enjoyable