We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arnhem Land Day Tour

Which Kakadu National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
231 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Arnhem Land Day Tour

Would like to do either The Lords Arnhemland Safari or The Arnhemlander Cultural Tour. Anyone done either of these? Thanks for your comments

Kakadu
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arnhem Land Day Tour

Good question

I guess the Arhemlander doesn't leave from darwin but the Lord's does. I know that the guides on Lord's are excellent, if I had a choice I'd go Lord's

Hamilton Ont
Level Contributor
17 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arnhem Land Day Tour

I went out with Lord's for three days this past May. They are AWESOME! The guide who took us out was Hamish Clark. He's a wealth of knowledge about this part of the country and has a real passion for the outdoors. He's been touring out here for over a decade--which I think is sort of unusual since I believe the guiding industry has a high turnover rate in general...

Lord's also works with indigenous guides, so your Lord's guide might take you out on some hikes and sightseeing, then leave you for another bit of sightseeing at the aboriginal art sites, for instance, in the capable hands of an experienced local indigenous guide for a true insider perspective on the art and socio-historical-cultural context it exists in.

I think you can't go wrong with Lord's and if you have the time, consider doing an overnight trip with them at Kakadu. (Great picnics on the day trips and awesome cookout on the overnighter, I might add!)

I can't say enough great things about them--I'm a travel writer and yet I rarely come across outiftters as well-run and just simply WONDERFUL as Lord's. Highly, highly recommended.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arnhem Land Day Tour

We recently went on a 5 day "luxury " camping safari with Lords. Yes Hamish Clark was excellent, but we felt that this tour was grossly overpriced and we could have done it ourselves, camping independently. There was nothing luxurious about the tour apart from one night at Bamarru Plains.

The one day trip looking at aboriginal art in Arnhemland would be better value for money.

4. Re: Arnhem Land Day Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 15, 2011