We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for Darwin/Litchfield/Katherine/Kakadu in Oct

Melbourne
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help for Darwin/Litchfield/Katherine/Kakadu in Oct

My husband and I and our 4yo son are heading to Darwin in the first two weeks of October and trying to work out where is best to spend our time. We will be up there for 10 full days and the obvious partial days on each end being the days of the flights.

We think we'd like to spend up to 5 days in Darwin just relaxing and unwinding from crazy jobs and getting a feel for the place, and then head to (in no particular order) Litchfield, Katherine and Kakadu. We will probably have a hire car for the whole trip.

I really like the sound of Mount Bundy Station to stay at near Litchfield because I think my son would love to see all that, and the Nitmiluk Chalets look OK near Katherine. We are trying to keep low-ish budget without finding creepy crawlies in with us at night, if you know what I mean! Would appreciate any accommodation suggestions for any of the locations though! Including relatively expensive Darwin! And always interested in 'must do' day or preferably partial day tours.

What I'd really like to know as well though is.... how many nights do you think we should spend in Litchfield, Katherine and Kakadu, and does anyone recommend doing Litchfield/Katherine/Kakadu or Kakadu/Katherine/Litchfield as order of preference particularly?

Hoping some locals or regulars can help out!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary help for Darwin/Litchfield/Katherine/Kakadu in Oct

Yes, that makes sense, thanks for that.

12. Re: Itinerary help for Darwin/Litchfield/Katherine/Kakadu in Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 31, 2013