We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notes from the Palace

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Notes from the Palace

We are here now and thought I'd send some info. It is really a beautiful resort. It's very different countryside; the big hills are right behind and beside the resort are a pretty gold color. A few notes: the sun is HOT. If you think you have been to Mexico and you know hot, this is hotter. Most people sit under the canopies during the day. Again, lots of good sun screen. The sand is brown but it's sand and good to walk on but it does get hot unless you are walking at the water's edge. One point I haven't seen mentioned: if you get carsick, take something before attempting the ride from the airport! It is twisty and hilly and narrow.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Notes from the Palace

Thanks for all of the detailed information!! One quick question...I was watching a home video on you tube, and the showed the main buffet. It looked like the tables were set up in long tables like at a cafeteria. Is this the way they are normally set up? We are going for our tenth anniversary, and would like a table for two for a more intimate setting, not long cafeteria style seating. Any info on this from your experience. Thank you so much on advance!! :)

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Notes from the Palace

There are smaller tables too. And outdoor patio seating off the dining room with service at the tables

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Notes from the Palace

Thank you very much for your quick response!! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Notes from the Palace

do you recommend any tours, I will arriving on the 27th of April. Heard Alex on the Beach is good?

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Notes from the Palace

I'm planning a trip to Riu Palace CR in July-- which room did you stay in? standard garden view? Courtyard? Ocean view? Do all rooms have jacuzzi tub? What brand liquors were in the room? How was the beach-- water-- clear to see any sealife?

I am excited to see monkies and turtles-- did you see either?

Thanks for posting great answers :)

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Notes from the Palace

Costa Rica is such a unique place. You will have so much fun. We stayed in a room facing the courtyard, 3 or floors up, right above the fountains. We had a larger deck although we didn't pay extra for it. I'm sorry I don't remember what liquors were in the room. Our room did have a Jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. We did not see people in the water when we were there. I am not sure why. We walked the beach but bring sandals the sand is hot, even in January when we went. We took an excursion to a swim place. Saw a lot of sea life on the way over, whale, big rays, schools of little rays. The beach was deserted and beautiful to swim but no snorkeling to speak of. The monkeys are right there at the hotel. You will hear them, it's a sound you will not soon forget. If you are in the hotel looking at the ocean, the monkeys are in the woods to the left. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
27. Re: Notes from the Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 07, 2016