We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Guanacaste in November

Which Sardinal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Guanacaste in November

What is Costa Rica's weather in Guanacaste like in November? Also, is this property compared to 'Palace' level Rius in Mexico; the rooms look similar, mostly concerned about food and drinks and dress code at buffet and ala carte restaurants evenings. Thanks

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Riu Guanacaste in November

I've been to Jamaica three times, there is no comparison. cr is far far safer. re-read framp's post, then read again.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Riu Guanacaste in November

I have travelled independently around the Jamaica - no tour operators, no organized anything. Just a tall white guy walking around all over the place. I am used to sketchy parts of the world and Jamaica definitely struck me as quite sketchy. There were several events and areas where I felt anything but safe.

Costa Rica is VERY different - with the exception of a few areas in the San Jose area, I have always felt safe and never threatened. If safety is your concern, you don't have anything to worry about. There is petty theft, but that's about the extent of crime you can expect.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Riu Guanacaste in November

How do i pm you? I have some questions :)

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Riu Guanacaste in November

Chyla - not sure whom you are trying to contact. That said, click on the person's name. This will bring up their Tripadvisor summary. On the left hand, you'll see the "Profile." Under that is the option to "Send Message."

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Riu Guanacaste in November

Thanks! I'll have to try on the computer... On the iPad/iPhone names are not clickable.

26. Re: Riu Guanacaste in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 20, 2014