We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

Moncton NB
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

I was wondering if they serve Baileys on the resort...or at least a knock off of it. We enjoy coffee very early in the morning with Baileys while walking around the resort. We are going in April...can't wait.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

I know of a few people on this forum who are banging their heads onto the keyboard of their computers reading this.

Sorry Pam, this is not your fault - but your question is about as stereotypical as it gets.

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you. Be warned, though: This forum is not the best place to ask questions about the RIU.

I sincerely hope that somebody can give you an answer.

Edited: 10:18 pm, February 28, 2013
London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

There was a thread on here fairly recently about an email address for the concierge desk at the RIU. Your best bet may be to dig that up and email them direct.

3. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, March 01, 2013
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

A strong coffee with a long shot of Baileys helps me dealing with headache. Don't hit the keyboard too hard, we need your answers.

Also me I don't know about Baileys, but if it is important to you better take a bottle with you. You may also try sugar cane rum (white stuff), I loved it mixed with coffee, juice, even solo.

Edited: 8:25 am, March 01, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

Hattie, You are not obliged to contribute to every thread. I feel sorry for your keyboard...

Don't know about the Rui, but Costa Rica does produce its own creme liqueur - Golden Creme - made by the same company that makes Cafe Rica. It might not be exactly like Bailey's since it is a coffee cream liqueuer but might be more available and if so worth a try.

www.salicsa.co.cr/productos/licores.html

raquel

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

Good question especially if you desire it in the morning. We've been to Riu's in Mexico & Jamaica - just don't remember that a lot of "spirits" were available in the morning. They do whatever they can to accommodate though. Maybe just go shopping the day you arrive.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

Our TA just returned from there & he said it was really nice! You'll have a wonderful time!

Playa Matapalo...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

The Hotel Riu does not offer Baily's I would pick some up at the duty free in the airport.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
539 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

I was just there Jan 26th week and yes they do offer a Baileys equiv. I just asked for Baileys on ice and it was great. We would get it from both of the bars near the entertainment area.....had it every evening. They also made speacialty coffees at the bar right in the entertainment area if you are interested. Just not sure if you would be able to get it in the morning.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
820 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Guanacaste - Liquor question

You could always get it in the day or evening and keep it in your fridge for your morning coffee! I love rum cream when i am in jamaicz and will be trying it in costa rica!