We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Resort would go to if you were going to Costa Rica?

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What Resort would go to if you were going to Costa Rica?

We are planning the 1st week of April, want a nice resort, good food lots of al la carts.

Want to take lots of pictures (hubby is a photographer).

Am NOT looking to spend 2000. + per person!

Where would you go??

TY in advance.

Happy Travels!

Alex on the Beach & Amazing Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Issys Tours Costa Rica
River Rafting & Tubing, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Brother's Adventures Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
633 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What Resort would go to if you were going to Costa Rica?

Corcovado- Playa Carate- Luna Lodge

Drake Bay- Jinetes de Osa

Arenal- Arenal Observatory Lodge

Tenorio- La Carolina Lodge

Dominical- Bella Vista Lodge

Tamarindo- Capitan Suizo

Mal Pais- Milarepa or Flora Blanca

Pt Viejo/Punta Uva- Punta Uva Cabinas

Cahuita- Alby Lodge

Manual Antonio- Costa Verde Lodge

Paos- Paos Volcano Lodge

Edited: 10:38 am, December 30, 2012
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What Resort would go to if you were going to Costa Rica?

If you want resorts , you know the list, but if you want to get the feel of Costa Rica and do pictures, you need to do a bit of everything, places like Puerto Viejo Limon, Tortuguero are really nice for pictures, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, Poas volcano, beaches like Junquillal, a bit north like around La Cruz , el Jobo.

New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What Resort would go to if you were going to Costa Rica?

I've been to Cala Luna. I don't know if they reopened since there were a change of owners I think. The place was nice. Been there three times in years past. And in a row! For all-inclusive we went twice to Paradissus (Now Westin) Playa Conchal. Great all around for what you're going to spend for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any other things. Yes, it's great to go to the areas in tamarindo and support local businesses but your pockets count in the end. I know I've thought of that on most occasions there. Anyway, I'm headed to the Riu Palace in a few days and see what's happening there. I've read good and bad with Conchal's resort and after my first time there I went for a second the year after. So that was anything but bad in my book. I was headed there for a third but figure why not go try another place and enjoy. Look, you're in a beautiful country (my country :) ), enjoy and like I always like to say the motto: "Live for the moment''.

Regards,

Marc..

14. Re: What Resort would go to if you were going to Costa Rica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sardinal