We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyard Tours

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vineyard Tours

Is there a good vineyard tour that goes from somewhere near to Nelson? I am there for a day and a half and would like to try to fit one in if there is one worth doing!

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
516 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vineyard Tours

We went with JJ's wine tours from Nelson. There were two brochures at the motel reception but I think the two companies have amalgamated. We were picked up in the morning and visited 3 vineyards and a craft shop before lunch at a vineyard and then one more and a small brewery after lunch. There were 8 or 9 on the tour altogether. It was very well run I must say. We didn't book before we arrived in Nelson (early January).

The wines in this area are more limited in type than the Marlborough region but we enjoyed it anyway. Nelson is a nice town, a big centre for arts and crafts.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vineyard Tours

If in doubt go to the Tourist Office right opposite the Town Clock in Trafalgar Street they are extra helpful and very knowledgable

3. Re: Vineyard Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 12, 2010