We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abel Tasman

1 post
Save Topic
Abel Tasman

Hi! can anybody help me with their experience on Abel Tasman National Park.My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to the South Islands in the first half of December 08.We were exploring the idea of spending couple of days at the Abel Tasman National Park as well. Will be very grateful for any inputs.Thanks!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
36,984 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abel Tasman

I spent a fabulous 5 days in AT during February - absolute heaven. There are numerous ways to get in/out/around including hiking, kayaking & water taxi.

If you want to hike all or part of the track consider booking a water taxi in to Totaranui and walking South. There are huts roughly every 3-4 hours walk. You can have your pack water taxied between huts if you like or if you want luxury you can stay at Awaroa Lodge.

There are also various kayak/stay/hike options. Contact aqua taxis or www.kiwikayaks.co.nz

Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abel Tasman

Abel Tasman is beautiful. Great place to spend a couple days. Most people stay in or around Kaiteriteri Beach and then either hike the park or take a water taxi to a bay, hike to another bay, and then get picked up by the water taxi.

There are a few small homes for rent inside the park.

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abel Tasman

Some friends of ours went into the park on their honeymoon and they used this company to organise the trip www.seakayaknz.co.nz

They said they had a wonderful time

Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abel Tasman

Hi ordni:

Its worth the trip north to Golden Bay and the Farewell Spit, heaven up there! Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abel Tasman

Hi there,

Its worth while watching this video diary of the Abel Tasman!!!

New Orleans
Level Contributor
733 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abel Tasman

Hi ordni, what a beautiful place to honeymoon! We were there in February 2008, this is the entry from my blog:

Next time, we will spend several days in Marahau. It was one of our favorite places in New Zealand.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Abel Tasman

I checked out Bens Travel videos, well worth watching.

Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Abel Tasman

Abel Tasman National Park is a magic place for a honeymoon. If you want to experience the best of the Park, without the trials of camping, take a trip with Wilsons Abel Tasman www.AbelTasman.co.nz They've got Beachfront Lodges at Torrent Bay and Awaroa - double rooms with ensuite bathrooms. Guides to design your day to be as active or relaxed as you want with walking and sea kayaking options. Fine meals cooked for you, in-house bars - go on! Spoil yourselves!

9. Re: Abel Tasman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 26, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question