We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

Can anyone recommend inexpensive restaurants in Nelson?

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

Have a browse through this website

http://www.thetaste.co.nz/eatdrink.html

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

this website also has reviews on eateries from customers - the good bad and the ugly! ;-)

www.dineout.co.nz/allresults.php…

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

Thanks, I'll look into it. CCB

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

MY favorite place is Nelson ... Amigos Restaurant and Bar. , 13 Beach Road, Tahunanui, (03) 548 5686 ...

always a warm welcome and great food , i must have dined here over 20 times and still love it .

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

Thanks flyingkiwis. Just got back from Nelson via Russell via Auckland via oahu via san francisco. Never saw an Amigos but would have liked to! My favorite was Dukes of Marlborough for light snack and Flat white and Kamakura for dinner (although a bit pricey, but really good!) Otherwise, hard to find anything in expensive.

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

Oops sorry! I'm getting my cities mixed up! That was Russell. My favorites were Pizza Bar, Lamberetti, Golden Bell. I was mostly in Nelson central city area. Unfortunately, didn't have a car and had to walk with only 1 day to do it. Where was Amigos?

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Oops sorry! I'm getting my cities mixed up! That was Russell. My favorites were Pizza Bar, Lamberetti, Golden Bell. I was mostly in Nelson central city area. Unfortunately, didn't have a car and had to walk with only 1 day to do it. Where was Amigos?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat

Definitely recommend Hopgoods. Not inexpensive, but about the best meal that we had in all of NZ. Cost $NZ150 for 2 (full dinner including wine).

Definitely do NOT recommend Boat Shed. Service and food were poor. Overpriced, overrated. Probably resting on its laurels. (this restaurant was highly touted in Fodors).

9. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nelson