We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Which Mangere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Hey I just booked us in to stay at the ibis budget auckland airport for a massive $69. We arrive at 12pm then have to clear customs etc, is this hotel walking distance from the international airport? How long would it take? How easy to find is it? Otherwise I think there's a shuttle for $6? Is that reliable? Tia

8 replies to this topic
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
16 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Check out what others are saying on trip advisor in reviews of this hotel.

It seems to be a 10-20 minute walk

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Have a look at this map from the Auckland Airport Website.

aucklandairport.co.nz/Interactive_Maps/…

I used to work at the airpot and parked at the back of Carpark E (it's further back than it looks on the map)which is a 10 min walk to the International terminal. For the Ibis Budget I'd say a 15 - 20 min walk.

Best way is to walk along Tom Pirce Drive. When you reach the main intersection at Geeorge Bolt Drive, cross at the traffic lights and walk up George Bolt to the Ibis. You can't miss it.

Cheers.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Take the shuttle if possible, but it is definitely not out of the question to walk there, it is very close. I would say you could walk in 10 minutes.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,476 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

If it is raining heavily I would get the shuttle, otherwise the walk might be just the ticket after a long haul flight. The shuttle is on a cicuit serving a number of airport hotels. It is a modern bus.

However if your luck is like mine you will get to the terminal door as it pulls away. It would be quicker to walk than wait for it to get back.

A taxi will cost a minimum fare, which I think has just gone up, and depress the driver as he has probably been waiting for hours.

Ruby Victoria...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Its a short walk, about 10 min max.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

I'm seriously considering to book this Ibis Budget hotel as I get in around midnight and off early next day,so just need to catch a few hours sleep. However arriving around 12 midnight or later, will we still be able to catch the airport shuttle to this hotel? With our luggage I don't think we'll be in the condition to walk 15 to 20 mins around midnight to find this hotel. There will be 5 of us. Any advise will be helpful. Thanks!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Hi jenahak,

When I've stayed at this hotel, I was advised to contact the shuttle company once I reached the arrivals hall at Auckland airport. My flights also arrived after midnight. The Ibis uses a shuttle service that operates after midnight also. Be sure to let the operator who answers the phone, upon your arrival, know that you have 5 passengers in your party, plus luggage. The shuttle makes several different stops on its route, and not just to the Ibis alone.

Edited: 1:20 pm, July 07, 2014
Malaysia
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport shuttle to ibis budget

Hi Frangipani, thanks very much for your kind advice!

Reply to: Airport shuttle to ibis budget
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted