We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale watching mid-november

Which Hervey Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
whale watching mid-november

Hi,

I will be going down the east coast of oz from cairns to sydney in november and will arrive around hervey bay in the middle of november. I wondered if there will still be a decent chance of seeing whales then, as if there is, I will plan another day here. If not, is there anywhere else down the coast that will be good for whale watching?Just dont want to pay for a trip and then not see anything!

Thanks very much

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: whale watching mid-november

Hi Vkmax,

The latest we have had whales in the Bay is 11th November, and usually they are gone by the 5th Nov... so if it is the middle of Nov it is highly unlikely you will see whales in the Bay...

It is possibly you will see whales off Sydney in mid-nov, but unfortunately they are only in transit off the coast of Sydney on their way back to Antarctica... not the up close and personal experience of Hervey Bay, but still might be worth the effort if you can't be in Hervey Bay earlier.

Rob

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whale watching mid-november

Hi Emeraldene,

Thanks for the advise, I think I'll probs just leave it and try and do it some other time! I think we'll prob be too late to risk a trip out. Thanks again for your help :)

3. Re: whale watching mid-november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 23, 2011