We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolphin encounter

Chicago USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
dolphin encounter

Hi Everyone !

My Friend and I would like to swin the dolphins in Kaikoura this Jan 07. We were thinking of doing the Dolphin Encouter tour. Has anyone done this tour?

Any other suggestions for swimming with dolphins or kaikoura in general?

Thanks!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dolphin encounter

Go for it eliz55, it will be an experience of a lifetime! The pods of dolphins in the Kaikoura area always have large numbers in them- you will be captivated by their antics. Take some sea-sickness remedy so you'll enjoy every moment, it's open ocean and not that calm but once you're in and amongst it any queasiness will disappear!

Chicago USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dolphin encounter

Thanks Zappers ! I think we will book something this week for Jan. Do you have any other recommendations about must see places in the south island? We are planning on doing milford sound (2days), queenstown, then travel by car (hope this goes ok) up north on the western coast. Stop at the glaciers. do arthurs pass then up to kaikoura for a day. Leave out of Chch.

Also, any hostel recommendations for three girls traveling in mid 20's. We are hoping to meeting other younger travelors, stay at places that are fun but clean.

Thanks for all your help!

3. Re: dolphin encounter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 19, 2009