We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant between Levin and Wanganui?

Which Palmerston North hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant between Levin and Wanganui?

We are driving from Wellington and I am looking for a nice place to stop and rest our bones. A pretty place with a fabulous restaurant would be great. Maybe a view of the water too. I am looking for a restaurant suggestion that serves lunch in April.

It doesn't have to be fancy. Good food is the top priority.

Any wineries along the way?

Stop off time would be anytime from Levin to Wanganui.

THANK YOU!

I love this site. I have planned my entire trip on suggestions from Trip Advisor people!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant between Levin and Wanganui?

I don't think you will find any 'fabulous' restaurants between Levin and Wanganui. Your best bet if you want a choice of restaurants for lunch would be Palmerston North and that would mean diverting off State Highway 1 to go there. There are some very nice cafes and restaurants in PN but not what I could call fabulous and with a view.

Another suggestion would be stopping at some of the towns north of Wellington i.e. Raumati, Waikanae. There are some cafes with sea views in these towns.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant between Levin and Wanganui?

We have two threads going on this.See my reply in the other.

Incidentally, I arranged for a party of 20 Japanese to lunch at Murrayfield Clydesdales just recently.They loved the place!

3. Re: Good restaurant between Levin and Wanganui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palmerston North