We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yallingup vs. eagle bay

Which Margaret River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
yallingup vs. eagle bay

We are looking at villa/home rentals--2 adults/2 young children- in Oct. Would you choose one area over another/does one town have a lot more to offer in terms of being picturesque, good restaurants, etc? Also, any recommendations for specific home rentals, or resorts with 2BR/3BR units? (Up to about $450/nt)

perth
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yallingup vs. eagle bay

Both great locations and easy access to Dunsborough for shops/ restaurants. Eagle Bay has a great winery for lunch (Wise) and a new Brewery which is also supposed to be good for meals. Yallingup has a beachside cafe, small shop plus easy access to wineries. Also some great surf at Yallingup that you may enjoy watching the locals in action. For first time visitors to the area Yallingup is probably better located to attractions but that of course depends on what you are planning to do. Maybe check out Stayz to see what is available and let that help you decide. Should have no problem getting something very nice in your budget.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yallingup vs. eagle bay

I prefer Eagle Bay I think it's a lot more picturesque.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yallingup vs. eagle bay

I love Yallingup but the beach is rough for kids. (surfing beach)

I highly recommend Smiths Beach for families however its very quite.

my next best tip is Seashells Apartments at Yallingup.

perth
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yallingup vs. eagle bay

In October you probably will not be swimming but if the kids wish to swim then ask locals for safe beaches. My memory of Smiths Beach is strong rips. Meelup (which is near Eagle Bay) is beautiful and very safe for swimming and worth going to for a picnic/ BBQ.

Seashells Apartments Yallingup are very nice and in great location. Next to historic Caves House Hotel plus small shop/ takeaway. Also a 10 minute walk to Yallingup Beach.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yallingup vs. eagle bay

RitchR you are absolutely correct - Meelup was the beach I was actually thinking off but noted Smiths, which is a lovely surfing beach & as mentioned the beach does have strong rips as we went for a few dips & the current was quite strong, whilst meelup is beautiful & calm. So thanks for the correction.....

6. Re: yallingup vs. eagle bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:37 am, June 01, 2012