We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Baby-friendly "hotels" on trip to Margaret River

Which Margaret River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Help - Baby-friendly "hotels" on trip to Margaret River

Hi, I was hoping to do a 3-night round-trip from Perth down to Denmark/Margaret River in September with my (by then) 15 month daughter, husband and granny. Us adults love our wine and food but I keep finding nice places to stay on the net only to find that they won't take children/babies. Budget isn't really an issue; granny would like somewhere nice before a long flight back to the UK. Can anybody recommend some places where we wouldn't need to jump in a car to eat at night (i.e. where we wouldn't have to draw straws to see who babysat with a bottle of wine and some stale bread)? Many Thanks

Oz
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Baby-friendly "hotels" on trip to Margaret River

I'd suggest Quest Margaret River - they're apartments however situated walking distance to the main strips restaurants and shops. Yet it is a great resort with good ammenities. Your own apartment should be good for the little one and it's ncie and close to most of the wineries of the region.

The link is www.margaretriver.property.questwa.com.au/

Cya

Hutch

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Baby-friendly "hotels" on trip to Margaret River

If your thinking of doing perth-denmark-margaret river in 3 nights i think you're going to have to reconsider. You'll be spending most of your time driving during the day and very little actuay enjoying any of the destinations your going to.

IMO pick either MR or Denmark and spend the 3 nights there. I love Denmark/Albany area. Heaps for both the bubs and the adults to do which if you're interested in i can post. Suggest staying at cape howe cottages haf way between denmark and albany.

www.capehowe.com.au

cheers

Howzat

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Baby-friendly "hotels" on trip to Margaret River

Hi there!

we're travelling to Margaret river in sept as well, with our by then 13 month old...who knows, we may bump into each other! options i've looked at so far include farmstays, and some of the chalets..we're probably going to do a farmstay as that isn't something you get exposed to much here in urban singapore!

re: self-contained type accomodation, Margarets forest is a nice one, which we've stayed in before on a previous trip with friends (without baby though) and its nice and close to town..

have you happened to find any restaurants that are baby friendly by the way?

4. Re: Help - Baby-friendly "hotels" on trip to Margaret River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, October 04, 2009