We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights to spend and so much to see!

Vancouver
2 posts
Save Topic
Two nights to spend and so much to see!

My husband and I will be the Perth area (coming from Vancouver, Canada) in late April. Unforunately we can only spend a couple of nights in Margaret River area because of family obligations.

I've been trying to research the area for two days now and I keep getting sidetracked because that area has so much to offer and I simply can't make up my mind. So I'm looking for some help.

First the hotel. Can anyone suggest a nice place on the beach? Looking somewhere in the $150 to $250 range. We would like to be close to some good restaurants and wineries. I'm assuming that it'll still be warm enough to want to spend some time on the beach, so let me know if I'm wrong.

Next the wineries. Because of the short time span we can realistically only get to a couple of wineries. So I'm looking for suggestions on a couple that have both nice wine and a nice dining room to have lunch.

Lastly, we'd like to hit one of the caves. I know that Jewel Cave and Lake Cave are both close to Margaret River so just looking for some feedback on which one is better.

Thanks in advance. Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Two nights to spend and so much to see!

Hey lumbergirl, hello from afellow Canadian!

We just returned from a trip through the area you are going to - I won't comment on wineries, there are many and you have received some excellent advice.

On the subject of caves, though, I have to disagree with mrfrc regarding Lake Cave - we went through there and while it is beautiful underground it is a very short walk through the cave and the guided tour, your only option, is only 45 minutes, which included the time to get down the stairs...all 300 plus of them. I really enjoyed it but given it's fairly small size it was one of the few places I didn't feel I got value for money spent.

Late Day Traveller,

Ontario

12. Re: Two nights to spend and so much to see!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 14, 2009