We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

We will be on a Cruise Ship which stops in Bunbury from 8:00-4:00.

1. How far is it from the Cruise Ship Terminal to the Visitors Center?

2. Is there public transportation from the Visitors Center to Big Swamp Wildlife Park? If not, what is the approximate cost of a taxi?

3. How far is it from the Visitors Center to the Dolphin Discovery Center?

Edited: 7:46 am, January 08, 2012
6 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,472 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

For definitive answers you could contact the Bunbury Visitor Centre directly:

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,433 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

Did You get my Last Message

4. Re: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, January 30, 2012
Level Contributor
58 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

The Cruise terminal is about 3kms from the visitor centre and usually there will be free buses to transport you back and forth from the boat. The dolphin discovery centre is about the same distance and you could probably walk it from the visitor centre in about 15 to 20 minutes if you wanted to, otherwise there are buses going past it.

Never heard of the Big Swamp wildlife park, but looking at the map it's on a main road so there should be buses that run out past it. A taxi would probably set you back about $15 as it isn't all that far away.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger

I believe there are buses which transport passengers to and from the Visitor Information Centre; as well as add on tours to the cruise which visit destinations throughout the South West of Western Australia.

Some passengers walk to and from the Port however there are no sealed paths in place, the flies can be quite friendly and there is no where to stop for relief for 2kms or so. I've often seen the passengers walking to and from the port looking a bit uncomfortable and perhaps wishing they had travelled on a bus. So I suggest checking with your cruise liner for additional tours at destinations as they may have a direct bus to the Dolphin Discovery Centre.

The Big Swamp Park is quite central to the central business district of Bunbury, there are bus stops along the way however I'm unsure of public bus time tables. Check with Bunbury City Transport which is run by Veola Pty Ltd - http://www.veoliatransportwa.com.au. The Big Swamp Wildlife Park is a great place to visit, affordable entry fees and costs to buy feed to give to the animals - birds, rabbits and kangaroos. You can feed and pat the kangaroos here. If you are travelling with children - this is a wonderful place and adjacent to the Wildlife Park is a wonderful children's playground. Opposite is the Big Swamp which has universal walking pathways around it (approx 3-4km walk) where a variety of birdlife can be seen. It has chairs dotted around the walk to sit a while and some look out points. Once again, check with the Cruise Company first to see whether they have organised a bus to stop here. I'll try and post a picture of one our visits feeding the kangaroos - if I am unable to I'll try and post a review and add a photo. Have a great holiday!

Edited: 5:39 pm, February 03, 2012
Reply to: Questions from a Cruise Ship Passenger
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bunbury