We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which winery?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which winery?

Will be driving the great ocean road with friends. Which winery would be best to visit and have lunch one day:

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which winery?

Pettavel Winery is out at Waurn Ponds and has been recommended to me by a local as very good. It is a bit on the pricey side and you might need to book depending on the day, but is is on the right side of Geelong for the GOR. Many of the wineries are on the Bellarine Peninsula and that is the opposite direction.

I would make sure the driver is carfeul with their tasting/drinking if they are going to take on the GOR immediately afterwards. ;)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which winery?

Hi, there are heaps of really lovely wineries on the Bellairine. One of my favorites is oakdene winery which is located just outside of Ocean Grove. Not only do they have amazing wine but scrumptious food as well (Lunch will cost about $20-$30 per person). Some of the other wineries dotted down the coast are Jack Rabbit, Bellairine Estate, Banks road winery and of course Scotchman’s Winery. These are all on the Bellairine however if you would like to spread your wings a bit further Jindalee, Del Rios of Mt Anakie, and Austin Barrabool are also well worth a look and they are all within a 30-40 min drive from Geelong centre. A great website to look at is as follows - peninsulapages.com/bellarine-wineries.html

Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which winery?

Oakdene and Petavel (tho i think that's closed) are OK.

The view from Jack Rabbit is the best, I haven't eaten there for many years, when they were called Kilgour. At the time the wines were hard to get excited about and the food was occasionally rather good, more often average.

4. Re: Which winery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 27, 2015
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor