We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scheduling Launceston, Beauty Point & Sheffield ==> Cradle M

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
389 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Scheduling Launceston, Beauty Point & Sheffield ==> Cradle M

Hi.

I'm seeking some help with scheduling visit to Launceston, to Beauty Point & then down to Cradle Moutain via Sheffield.

Here's what I want to do in each:

Greater Launceston

- James Boag tour

- Ghost night tour

- Gorge

- Hollybank Treetop (would be a half-day)

Beauty Point

- Seahorse

- Platypus

On way to Cradle Mountain

- Berry farm

- Steam place

- Tasmazia (thinking a half day)

I will arrive in Launceston fr Coles Bay on day 1 (Wed) probably not until afternoon as planning to detour & see the Mill before heading north.

I have booked first night in Cradle Mountain on Sat.

So, do I have enough time to fit all this in? I'm a solo parent travelling with 11 yo boy and we will be in a campervan (but will stay in hotel in Launceston). I would prefer not to be too rushed for time & to arrive at destination for overnight stay by dark.

I was thinking Wed & Thur in Launceston, Fri at Beauty Point & Sat on road to Cradle but wondering if 1 day for travel to Cradle as well as the Berry, Steam & Mazes will be too tight? Maybe I should drive from Beauty Point down after visit & stay closer to the berry farm etc,.

If I need to drop anything it would be brewery tour.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Kim

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scheduling Launceston, Beauty Point & Sheffield ==> Cradle M

I think you have plenty of time as you have outlined it. Staying closer to the berry farm (at Deloraine) will only save you half an hour. Hardly worth the effort of changing locations, I think.

You also have time to stop at Ashgrove cheese after Christmas Hills raspberry farm.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
389 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scheduling Launceston, Beauty Point & Sheffield ==> Cradle M

Thanks for your help. Kim

3. Re: Scheduling Launceston, Beauty Point & Sheffield ==> Cradle M

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Launceston