We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Launceston caravan park

Toowoomba
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Launceston caravan park

I have been searching for two nights accommodation in Launceston a the start of our trip and one at the end.

Treasure Island Caravan park is $132 for 4 adults and an infant per night. Launceston Holiday Park Legana is $133 for the same.

They seem very reasonable. (hopefully not too good to be true!). There's one review for the Legana but none for Treasure Island so I'm just curious if anyone has any info.

Alternatively, is there somewhere else we should stay in the same price range that is tried and tested?

Thanks very much!

Mentioned in this post
Launceston
Launceston
Tasmania, Australia
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,371 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Launceston caravan park

I think you'll find the Legana van park to be the better of the two.

There's also one in Hadspen - which is a village just west of Launceston: discoveryholidayparks.com.au/tas/…hadspen

Luigi

Mentioned in this post
Launceston
Launceston
Tasmania, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Launceston caravan park

All of them are near busy roads, especially Treasure Island (right next to the Southern Outlet). I would pick either Legana or Hadspen. Hadspen has an IGA/takeaway shop, post office, bottle shop, petrol station etc right next door to the park. Legana has a woolworths, petrol, KFC, tavern all within 3 minutes drive from the park. Not sure if these amenities would help with your decision?

3. Re: Launceston caravan park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 pm, June 22, 2013