We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-day tassie trip

Which Launceston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
6-day tassie trip

Hi all,

I will be going to Tassie around end of July. I wonder if it's easy to drive up to Mt Wellington. Do I need to put on snow chain? I am thinking whether I should drive or join local tour.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-day tassie trip

It's easy enough to drive yourself or you could go by bus from the Tourist Info Centre. Details way down the bottom of this page: tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g255097-s407/Hobar…

You won't need chains. If there's snow on the road, it will be closed until the snow is cleared.

Luigi

PS. You've posted this on the Launceston forum. Mount Wellington is in Hobart, not Launceston. It's worthwhile having a look at the Hobart forum FAQs for more ideas.

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6-day tassie trip

Thanks very much, Luigi. opps.. I didn't realize I've posted it on Launceston forum. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Sam

3. Re: 6-day tassie trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 02, 2011