We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macay to Cairns - Camper Vans?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Macay to Cairns - Camper Vans?

We're thinking about renting a camper van to travel between Macay and Cairns. Does anyone have any suggestions on companies to go with or pros and cons of doing so?

Thanks,

Jackie

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macay to Cairns - Camper Vans?

hi SavvyJ,

Have a read through the link below it will give you some excellent tips and sugguestions where to stay and the attractions.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18251-Brisbane…

The other major attractions around Mackay is the Eungella National Park which also houses the Broken River Mountain Retreat where you can be guaranteed of spotting numerous shy platypus.

Finch Hatton is close by and is blessed with gorgeous lush tropical rainforest's and waterfalls. One can take a ride over the rainforest's on a flying fox, which is heaps of fun or stroll to the Wheel of Fires waterfall .

You also have Brampton and Keswick Islands off Mackay.

Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays - a beautiful region of Australia.

Bowen - Fabulous coastal town - If you love beaches then Bowen will surprise and please you with it's stunning pristine beaches. You have Horseshoe Bay / Front Beach /Murray Bay / Kings Beach / Queens Beach / Gray Beach/ and Rose Bay Beach.

Townsville and Magnetic Island - a very interesting town and gorgeous island.

Hinchbrook Island and passage - a wilderness ....a hidden gem.

Tully - is famous for the Tully Gorge National Park where white- water rafting is a big hit with enthusiasts and locals.

and my favourite place Mission Beach/ Dunk Island. see link below for additional info. tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18947-Getting_…

For camper vans try -

aussiecampervans.com/campervan-rental-mackay…

http://www.britz.com.au/cairns-campervan-hire

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macay to Cairns - Camper Vans?

Thanks Ellemay, I'll check that all out!

3. Re: Macay to Cairns - Camper Vans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 28, 2010