We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Mackay in February 2010

Which Mackay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Coming to Mackay in February 2010

Hi guys, I am coming up to Mackay in Feb, just cause I got a very cheap flight with just AUD6 (from the Jetstar Anniversary Promotion).

But I just realised (did not think of it when I frantically click the buy icon on Jetstar website) that Feb will be the raining season.

Do you think I can take up any diving lesson on that time? If not, what can I do over that time? Anyone has any idea?

Cheerio

mackay
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Mackay in February 2010

Hi back,

Yeh you can do diving lessons, it will be very hot! You'll want to be in the water! Go over to the islands while you are here. You can go to Brampton from mackay marina for a day trip, over night stay or just a diving trip. Or you can go to Airlie beach by rental car or bus and there are great day trips or night stays there. The 3 island day trip is great! Mackay is a pretty relaxed place, the beaches are our draw cards, just watch the flags! In town there is a free swimming lagoon just near one of the shopping centers and is walking distance to the pubs, restaurants, shops and a couple of motels. And if you fish, there is the river right through town to do just that.

hope you have a good trip. K

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Mackay in February 2010

Onshore

One word ; Eungella !

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Mackay in February 2010

hey guys, thanks for the constucutive input! Looks like I will have a blast over here. Just hope that I wont come face to face with a cyclone. Lol.

I might sign up for a PADI lesson, or stay around Eungella for platypus!

4. Re: Coming to Mackay in February 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 22, 2010