We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Hi

We are going to Gold Coast in early July. Thought of going sea world, wild wet world and movie world. will give movie world a miss, as we are not very into rides now. Would like to try skydiving and do some shopping at outlets (Harbour town)

A few qns here:

1. Thought of staying at Meriton Serviced Apartments. Preferred to stay in broad beach area than Surfer Paradise. Is Meriton accessible to attractions?

2. What activities are suitable for couple? Gold Coast's activities are more for kids and family, looking for some less young kids type of activities as it's a short getaway for us as parents.

3. What can we do at Bryon Bay? I thought of doing skydiving there. Or it's preferred to be just skydive at Gold Coast?

4. Better to hire a car? or the public transportation are good too?

Thanks for the advices!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Yes, Meriton Broadbeach is a great choice! No problems accessing any attractions at all.

What are you interested in doing/seeing?

Perhaps, a romantic getaway in the hinterland? For example, there are couples-only retreats like Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat, which I know has good reviews here on TA (please note I haven't stayed there myself, so can't comment personally). There are other retreats in the national parks like in Springbrook, Mount Tamborine, etc. Even if you don't want to stay overnight, the national parks might be a good idea to include in your itinerary.

It just depends on what you're after - I mean, you could go for experiences like hot air ballooning, high tea (or lunch/dinner) at the Versace Hotel, go kayaking, etc. You can also have a day trip to Brisbane, which is not too far away at all. I think there's a lot of things you can do, which might not only be suitable for families, but also yourselves like, if you enjoy animals, then, maybe a visit to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a good idea, etc.

I don't think it matters where you skydive. If you're going to Byron Bay anyway, you could include a skydive and leave the rest of the day for other things.

I think renting a car is a good idea, as you can't go to Byron Bay or any of the national parks using public transport. It's going to have to be private transfers or joining day tours instead, if you don't have a car.

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Thanks for the ideas/suggestions! I thought of going movie world, one which I been wanting to go! I noticed that there is a Meriton Apartments at southport too. so which is better to access to attractions?

I will check out your suggested activities. we are going for sky diving or hotair ballooning. and we are more for sky diving. haha..

We like to see mountains, natural scenery type of people, not so much of animals.

I even thought of going for a massage/spa. haha.. any affordable ones available?

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

I would rent a car, much more flexible.

Springbrook national park would be good for you guys, loads of walks in the rainforest and plenty of waterfalls too. Natural bridge might also be of interest to you.

Byron is good for surfing, skydiving and walking. You could fill a day just walking around, looking at the shops, people watching, beach activities etc.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Definitely Meriton Broadbeach! Please note that while Meriton Southport is often cheaper (it's a great option too), if you're using public transport, I'd definitely go for Broadbeach instead. Even if you're not, I like the location of Broadbeach more.

In that case, I think you should definitely consider going to the national parks. Maybe, like I suggested, consider an overnight stay in one of the accommodation options there, but spend the rest of the time in Broadbeach.

I think massage/spa sounds nice! However, what do you consider affordable? Calmer Therapies in Surfers Paradise has good reviews, but I don't know if you consider their prices to be affordable. There are a few options in Byron Bay, but, I can't say they'll be cheap! If you like Thai massages, I know there are two in Broadbeach: Broadbeach Thai Massage and Yindee, but no personal experience, sorry!

Also, there's whale watching during July too, if you're into that.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

you may want to check my post. The activites are pretty similar

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Thanks! I will take a look of ur post.

For car rental, my departure flight is 9am in the morning, how do I return the rental car as most of the company opens at 7am.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Some of them may allow you to drop it off earlier, but unfortunately, at an additional cost. I would just get in touch with whichever rental company you're looking at, and see what they say.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Hi YSL77

I believe you are taking Scoot as well. you should have sufficient time to drop off your car at 7am and check in before your flights

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

Yes Yongbb. I'm taking scoots at well.

so u intend to drop off the car at airport before checking in? what is the rental company which u booked? I am looking at apex or east coast rental.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Days in Gold Coast - Couple only

hello ysl. it will be apex for me. what are your dates there?