We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need air condtitioning?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do you need air condtitioning?

Or can you get away without it? I am looking at going September next year or October. I like the sound of a few that don't come with air conditioning,

I don't want to be hot.

Sydney
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

Thats only spring. I used to go up to the gold coast every year at this time and it is no where near hot enough to need air con

Queensland...
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

No, you should be fine without air con. november onwards is when we start switching on all of ours! sept and oct, the weather is warm and sunny, but just the right temp. not too hot and definatley not too cold.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

i must be A sook, i need it at that time.

depends upon weather you are used to i gues and your state of health, as it (humidity) affects me dreadfully!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

No aircon required, a fan should be sufficient should it get a little warm.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

am i a total sook all you Qld people??

I guess youre used to it.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

I'm not from QLD but am a regular visitor. We stayed in Byron Bay (NSW)and Noosa for some time right at the beach in month like october and march and we had no airco although we're real a/c addicts. Did not needed one in the mentioned places.

But in Brisbane in october and Brisbane hinterland an a/c was helpful. We are visiting Hervey Bay staying in a beachhouse begin of october this year and won't need a/c. either. I think, the closer to the beach, the less u need a/c. BTW, our Noosa accomodation had a/c nor heating, that's what I call a great climate!!!!

Tet{:o)-

Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

I find that I need air-con in Qld when the humidity is high. (Nov-Feb)

Sept/Oct there is little humidity just lovely mild/warm days also if you stay close to the coast there are always beautiful ocean breezes.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
572 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

I agree with lilyana, I need airconditioning for the humidity- at least for the first couple of days I am there- to adjust. I don't think it'll be hot though.

9. Re: Do you need air condtitioning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 18, 2009