We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Dear Advisor;

I need help regarding with theme park of Sea World, Movie World, Dream world & Whitewater

Is there any package for family of 4 to travel to into the theme park instead of individual purchase of the tickets to all 4 areas?

I would like to check regards of the Currumbin Sanctuary & David Fleay Wildlife park are they any difference? As we wanted to travel to The Paradise country animals & Currumbin Sanctuary.

As we would love to take pictures with the Koala , Kangaroo Sheeps etc etc.

I need to purchase soon within this week before we fly off on the 30th Oct to 4th Nov.

Appreciate your help.

Also which car rental is the most cheapest for us to rent? By the way what is the weather temp on the 30th Oct to 4th Nov ? Would i need jackets for my kids and myself?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

There used to be a 'Buy 3, Get 1 Free' offer for the VIP Pass that covers unlimited entry to Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet 'n' Wild until 30 June, 2014, but, I don't believe it's running any more. If you're definitely going to go to Seaworld and Movieworld, DON'T purchase individual day tickets (and also, DON'T purchase the Super Pass), as that is quite expensive. Instead, just purchase the VIP Pass that expires at the end of June next year: https:/…vip-pass.aspx

If you're going to Dreamworld and White Water World, make sure to look at Dreamworld's site for tickets or passes (whichever suits you best): dreamworld.com.au/Visitor-Information/Great-…

I think Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a good option. Look here for some discounts: http://hellogoldcoast.com.au/couponDisplay for different attractions.

For car rental, I would compare around. Don't necessarily go for the cheapest company, but, regardless of which company you go with, make sure to read the terms and conditions very carefully! Alpha and Apex have both recently received good mentions on here. Take note that both companies are off-site, which means they'll come and pick you up from the airport and transfer you to their office to get the car and complete paperwork, and on your return, you drive to their office, and they return you to the airport. Of course, there are also the major companies like Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis, etc.

I doubt you would need jackets, or at least, certainly not thick jackets! Check here for the weather forecast: bom.gov.au/qld/…surfers-paradise.shtml to help you with packing. Depending on the weather forecast, you might want to bring an umbrella/raincoat. Make sure to bring or purchase sunscreen!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Dear Arisanosila,

Thank you so much for your guidance. I really appreaciate it. I will look into it .

I hope i do have enough time to cover all these areas as i only arrive 31st morning in brisbane.

And leaving on 4th So 1 place 1 theme park i am really wondering will i manage to make it.

As for the car rental, should i make appointment with them on my arrival or when i arrival then contact them?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

I'd recommend using one of the big national rental car companies - Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty or Europcar. Smaller local ones can be dodgy. There are lots of horror stories on here. I have rented with all the big ones at various times (except for Europcar) and I've never hit a hurdle yet.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Dear Haydn,

Thank you so much. I will check it later. Maybe will let hubby to decide as he prefer to get straight from Airport. I had yet online purchase the tickets i need to purchase asap. I really worry no time to travel to all the theme park. 4 types of theme park. do we have the time...i really worry.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

If you are wanting to get a rental car at the airport, these will all be with the major companies like those that HaydnAustralia mentioned. They should have cars available, even if you don't book in advance. However, if you need a specific car or have special requests (e.g. require child car seats or other things), then, I recommend booking in advance, just to ensure that you have the car you want ready and waiting for you at the airport.

For your itinerary, depending on what time you arrive in Brisbane, I probably would spend this day going to do things other than the theme parks (e.g. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, visiting the beach, etc.)., as it's been a long flight, and you probably want to do relaxing things.

On the 1st November, you could go to (for example - I would try and leave your itinerary as flexible as possible, so, you can swap and change things around, if you need/want to) Seaworld. Depending on your interests, you might have spare time left over or you might not.

On the 2nd November, you could go to Movieworld (for example). If you really want to go to a water theme park, you might consider Wet 'n' Wild (I think this is better than White Water World, and, if you will be purchasing the VIP Pass, Wet 'n' Wild is included), which you may be able to join with Movieworld, since they are close together. However, once again, this depends on how long you plan to stay at Movieworld for.

On the 3rd November, you could go to Dreamworld (you may or may not have enough time for White Water World, depending on how long you plan to stay at Dreamworld - but they are next door to each other, so, no worries, if you want to go to both. I know for me personally though, I can spend a full day at Dreamworld, so, I wouldn't have time to go to White Water World). You can take photos at Dreamworld of Australian animals like koalas.

I don't know what time you leave on the 4th November, but, you can probably fit in other things like shopping, time at the beach, etc., if you have a late flight. If you do stick with the theme parks, you may not have a lot of time for other things though, which is fine, if you want your trip to be focused on theme parks.

Just one note: With Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, look at the show times available on their website, so, you don't miss anything you want to see and just plan your day around that. With the theme parks, make sure to pick up a copy of the show times as well, especially if you don't automatically get one with your theme park map upon entry (you can do this usually at the guest services near the main gate where you entered), so, you, once again, don't miss any shows you want to see. Some shows you shouldn't miss include the car stunt show at Movieworld (line up early because if you go in closer to the actual show time, the only seats left are those in the sun, which, is not very comfortable, if it's very hot!), dolphin and seal show at Seaworld (I also liked the jet stunt show), and also, take note that with the tiger show at Dreamworld, make sure to get there early because there are no seats (you stand against a railing), so, you will be standing behind others if you are late. Of course, these are just my opinions!

Have a good trip!

Edited: 1:37 am, October 09, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Dear Arisanosila

Thank you so much for your tips and advance. I really appreciate it.

Wet n Wild more for adults wonder if my kids can play some of the slides?

Last thing, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Paradise country, which is better? As i love to feel n take pictures with the sheep. Does CWS have sheeps too?

My kids love the sheeps alot where SIngapore doesn't have it.

CWS having promotion for family of 4 at AUD99.00

I saw the link previously your provided me.

There is family package for Dreamworld and white water world.

Seaworld, Movie World & Wild & Wet are having 3 theme parks for 3 days pass.

If Wild & Wet can change to White water world that will be great.

I believe this will be great. Why doesn't Seaworld & movie world have a package of 2 iteslf.

Then it would be just nice.

Last but not least i will purchase the tickets of CWS & Dreamworld package. I am really wondering will it be too expensive if i purchase seaworld n movie world itself.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

No CWS does not have sheep, they have native australian wildlife whereas PC has farm animals.

Dreamworld owns White Water world so you wont be able to change to W&W.

Seaworld and Movie World are also in competition, so you cant get a pass for that.

Hope you have a great holiday!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Kids are welcome at Wet 'n' Wild, but, I guess, it depends on how old your kids are. Look here for info about the slides/rides: wetnwild.com.au/plan-your-day/ride-restricti…

It's difficult to say which one is better out of CWS or Paradise Country. The reason why I say this is because I know a lot of travel agencies in Singapore, Malaysia, etc. recommend Paradise Country because I think PC is really geared towards the overseas market. If you want to see sheep, I would go to PC then, as CWS doesn't have sheep: cws.org.au/getcloser/… But, I would personally go to CWS, although, I can see the attraction of PC, and perhaps, PC is best if you enjoy the farm experience (with sheep!).

I think which package you get for Dreamworld and/or White Water World is up to you, so, go for whichever one makes more sense to you! :)

Where did you see the offer for the 3 days for 3 theme parks (Seaworld, Movieworld and Wet 'n' Wild)? How much does it cost (or is it the Super Pass you are referring to?)? Make sure you are going for the pass that is the best value for money because some passes actually aren't good value for money, even though they may appear to look like they are.

Unfortunately, Dreamworld and White Water World are owned by one company, and Seaworld, Movieworld and Wet 'n' Wild are owned by another company, so, that is why you can't mix and match.

Yes, if you purchase Seaworld and Movieworld separately, this is what it will cost, which I think personally is far too expensive:

- Seaworld (one-day admission): $84.99 for adults and $49.99 for children (3-13 years old)

- Movieworld (one-day admission): $84.99 for adults and $49.99 for children (3-13 years old)

If you compare this with the VIP Pass (which allows you unlimited entry into Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet 'n' Wild until 30 June next year, which means it is even better value if you happen to plan another holiday for the Gold Coast before then!) which costs $99.99 for adults and $79.99 for children, then, it is clear that the VIP Pass is the better option (even if you only plan to go to Seaworld and Movieworld once each during your trip, not including Wet 'n' Wild which is already covered). Please note that I don't know the price of the 3 day for 3 theme park pass that you mentioned above, so, I don't know whether it is good value in comparison to the individual one-day tickets or the VIP Pass though.

Ultimately, of course, it's up to you to decide what you want to do or buy!

I hope you have a good trip!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

Hi

My kids are 5 & 6 i am afrqaid is too young for them to enter to Wild n Wet. As some slides might really have limiation for them.

Gosh, no sheep. is so paranoid now i doesn't know what should i do. I guess i can't go to all Theme park anymore as i really have limited time.

So sad. have to remove some out and finalise it.

Thank you so much.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gold Coast Theme Park advisor

You should have time for Dreamworld, Movieworld and Seaworld, so, at least, you'll see the 3 of the "big" theme parks. If you add on White Water World with Dreamworld, then, you've covered at least one water theme park, which is good.

If you don't have time, just go for Paradise Country instead of CWS (or instead of doing both).

I think you should be okay with time and covering most of your interests. Add in a bit of the beach and shopping, and you should have a great trip! :)