We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving mermaid beach to brisbane

melbourne,australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
driving mermaid beach to brisbane

Hello, my husband has to drive Mermaid Beach to Brisbane for a conference on Friday 11 October- can a local tell me how long this would take in morning peak hour traffic- thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving mermaid beach to brisbane

Aroundish 1.5 hours in traffic ... I'm assuming heavy traffic with no accidents and going into the CBD.

The problem with Brisbane traffic is due to the river city bound traffic only has two bridges to funnel in causing bottlenecks. If either bridge has an accident or breakdown the whole city grinds to a halt.

Edited: 1:01 am, September 28, 2013
melbourne,australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving mermaid beach to brisbane

thanks very much, sounds like melbourne

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving mermaid beach to brisbane

Many people do this route on a daily basis so it can be very busy from 6.30 am. I would suggest leaving as early as possible or even consider driving to Nerang or Robina stations and catching the train.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving mermaid beach to brisbane

The M1 from the Gold Coast to Brisbane starts to get busy at 5am.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving mermaid beach to brisbane

1hr for no traffic, 1.5 for usual traffic, 2 hr for heavy peak hour traffic. Give yourself plenty of time

6. Re: driving mermaid beach to brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 01, 2014