We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillip island

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Phillip island

Hi, does anyone knows how to travel from Gold Coast to Phillip island? Thanks! As I am catching motorGP on oct. and I seriously does not want to stay in Melbroune.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phillip island

I'm not sure I understand. Most efficient way is to fly. They are about 1800km apart. I suppose you could stay at Phillip Island if you prefer.

Edited: 5:36 am, April 11, 2013
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phillip island

Do you mean driving directions? Or are you flying to Melbourne and want to get to PI?

The only reasonable way to get to PI is by car

The GP is in October. That weekend, every hotel, motel, resort, camping ground, caravan park and unit are booked out months beforehand. Make sure you get you accommodation locked in first. There are package deals available but I don't know if they include travel to and from PI. You should check the website.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phillip island

okay, i found a way in going to melbourne. only by flying. :( thanks guys! :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
406 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phillip island

Melbourne is 2 states away from you so it's not exactly a day trip. You'll have to fly. I hope your not intending on flying down for the day? What will firstly be a very very long day and secondly the traffic to Phillip island from the airport on raceway will be a nightmare!!

Why don't you stay on Phillip Island or at San Remo instead of staying in Melbourne

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,486 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phillip island

Get a map!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
406 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phillip island

By the way it's early 2000km from the Gold Coast to Phillip Island. Australia is a VERY VERY large country.

7. Re: Phillip island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 30, 2014