We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tolls

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tolls

Hi I have an e-Tag for use on Sydney motorways, can I use this on Gold Coast Motorways?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tolls

Yes you can. Although as far as I know the Gold Coast has no tolls.. they are only around Brisbane .. …qld.gov.au/Travel-and-transport/Road-and-tr…

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tolls

E tags are suitable for use in Qld. Tolls are only in Brisbane area. Let us know where you will be driving and we can let you know where you will need to pay tolls.

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tolls

I'll be driving around Gold Coast - theme parks, I see on map there are Motorways, down here they have tolls.

Edited: 5:06 am, January 05, 2013
Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tolls

If that is the case you will only have tolls if you are driving from Gold Coast to Brisbane and crossing the Gateway bridge to the airport or using the Clem 7 tunnel or Airport Link tunnels. There are also toold if ou use the Logan motorway to Ipswich.

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tolls

Thanks for your info. Here we only have motorways in Sydney, not from anywhere else to Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tolls

I think you mean we have toll motorways only in Sydney. There are good (but toll-free) motorways to Newcastle, Wollongong, and Canberra/Melbourne.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tolls

I used our E-Tag on the Gateway Bridge in November and it worked fine ...

8. Re: Tolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 07, 2014