We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highest Restaurant

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Highest Restaurant

So we're looking for a good meal at a high-up (as in elevation) restaurant with a view. Know of any?

I understand that Q1/SkyPoint has a cafe, but I'm after more of a romantic sit down dinner. Seaduction is in the Soul building, although I think it's only on the second floor?

1. Re: Highest Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:01 pm, June 24, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highest Restaurant

As for a Restaurant with elevation and views of the Gold Coast and Hinterland; you could try CROWNE PLAZA Surfer’s Paradise – Four Winds (Revolving Restaurant). This Restaurant has a revolving floor and two seating times available in the Evenings. It has been newly renovated; (which reminds me, I must write a TA review on this place), offers a Seafood & Asian inspired buffet; approx. $72.00 each from memory on a Saturday night.

Although you've specified a romantic sit down dinner; I'm sure you would not be disappointed with this seductive alternative. For Bookings, Menu and Prices etc. please refer to this website.

http://www.fourwindsrestaurant.com.au/

Cheers Angie

Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Highest Restaurant

Thanks, Four Winds looks like what we're after, although I see it's a buffet (which to me is kind of tacky). Is there anything similar but with a menu / table service?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highest Restaurant

I understand your need for a sit down dinner and hear your concern of a tacky buffet atmosphere… So I shall try to remedy your trepidation by saying, if you do change your mind; Four Winds is by far no ordinary Buffet setting in comparison to a casual Club atmosphere e.g. Danny’s Family Buffet at Coolangatta Golf Club which affords views of the Tweed River (and the car park).

Nonetheless I can suggest another Classy alternative that you will have to drive to, as I just remembered I had worked here some years ago; Royal Pines Resort (5 Star Hotel) - Videre Restaurant on the 21st Floor with its stunning magical views of the Gold Coast skyline etc.

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/racv/resorts/RACV+Resorts/RACV+Royal+Pines+Resort/Dining+and+Bars

Cheers Angie

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,903 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highest Restaurant

Its been a few years since I dined at Four Winds (Revolving Restaurant) I was a regular to the brunch on Sunday. Great food great views as the restaurant revolves 360 degrees.

Tommo

Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Highest Restaurant

Thanks Angie - we ended up going with Four Winds, it was better than we expected. The food wasn't outstanding (it wasn't bad either) but the views made up for it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,903 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highest Restaurant

Did you have the Sunday Brunch?

Please post a review to assist other travellers.

Tommo

8. Re: Highest Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 16, 2013