We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spore
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

Hi, I would like to know how far are the bus stops from Peppers Broadbeach where I can take buses to Gold Coast Airport, Seaworld, Movieword & Paradise Country Farm. And how long are the journeys? Have tried to search for the bus routes via http://jp.translink.com.au/ but don't know which are the stops that are near Peppers. Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

With the Journey Planner, you need to insert in the street address for Peppers Broadbeach, so, '21 Elizabeth Av, Broadbeach' in the 'Start' section and your destination like 'Movie World' in the 'End' section. That will help you get the results.

Nevertheless, from Peppers Broadbeach to ... catch the bus from ...

- Gold Coast Airport: When you are at GC Airport, you take bus #702 outside domestic terminal and get off the bus at the Gold Coast Convention Centre, and walk to your hotel. The journey is around 40 minutes or so. If you are taking bus #702 from Peppers back to GC Airport, or if you're coming back from one of the theme parks, you catch or get off the bus on the opposite side of the GC Convention Centre.

- Movieworld: Catch TX2 bus from the Gold Coast Convention Centre to Movieworld and it will take around 40 minutes

- Paradise Country: It is next to Movieworld. As an alternative to Paradise Country, you could go to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - catch bus 700 from the bus stop opposite to the GC Convention Centre and it will take around 30 minutes

- Seaworld: Catch 750 bus from either Oasis Mall (closer to you) or GC Convention Centre and it will take around 25 minutes

From Peppers Broadbeach to the GC Convention Centre, it should be under 10 minutes walk. From Peppers Broadbeach to Oasis Mall, it should be under 5 minutes walk.

Pick up the free Get Around Guide from the GC Tourist Shuttle bus counter - helpful with bus routes - see link at the bottom of this site here - http://www.gcshuttle.com.au/sit_gcs_gag.htm along with discounts and tourist brochures

Edited: 12:55 am, November 12, 2012
Spore
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

Thank you, you have all the info that I need! So, all the buses we need to take will be at GC Convention Centre. Btw, is it easy to walk from the Convention Centre to Peppers with 2 luggage and 2 kids? Just wondering if we should take the bus or the airport shuttle (or what do you call it?) from the airport o Peppers? What is estimated fares for the bus journeys? Is it cheaper to hire a car or take public transports (2 adults and 2 kids) to the places I've mentioned?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

If you want to find out bus fares, use the Journey Planner link that you mentioned (but insert in '21 Elizabeth Av', as you 'Start' or 'End', depending where you're going and coming from). It will give you a break-down of fares.

As I am a budget traveller usually, I would personally prefer to take the public bus instead of the shuttle, as I want to save money where I can. However, by taking the GC Tourist Shuttle bus, you don't need to worry about walking from the bus stop with your luggage to your hotel. Make sure you actually double-check with GC Tourist Shuttle Bus about whether they will be dropping you off outside Peppers or somewhere close by instead, as the shuttle bus doesn't drop passengers off directly outside their hotel with some accommodation places. I am not sure about Peppers.

If you are using the buses, you can either pay with cash to the driver or use the Go Card (can purchase this for each person from the GC Tourist Shuttle Bus counter at GC Airport). If you use the Go Card to pay, it will mean you pay a bit less (even for the same journey) than if you used cash. Child fares are, of course, going to be cheaper than for adults.

- From GC Airport to Broadbeach, it'll cost just under $8.00 per adult/one-way. With the Go Card, it is nearly $5.50 per adult/one-way. The GC Tourist Shuttle Bus costs $47 for a family (2 adults + 2 children aged between 4-13 years old), and they also have a return ticket option too at $86.

- From Broadbeach to Movieworld, it'll cost around $7.00 per adult/one-way and nearly $5.00 with the Go Card per adult/one-way.

- From Broadbeach to Sea World, it'll cost a bit over $5.00 per adult/one-way, and close to $4.00 with the Go Card per adult/one-way.

With a rental car comes convenience, so, you are not restricted by the bus timetable. Look around and compare different companies (and don't necessarily go for the cheapest option - definitely make sure to read all the fine print/terms and conditions). You can check around the GC Forum for some suggestions - some in the past have included Alpha Car Hire, for example, but you can also stick with the major ones like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Thrifty, etc.

Edited: 7:53 pm, November 12, 2012
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

With regards to walking from GC Convention Centre, I recommend you look at the street view version of Google Maps, as that will give you a "real" perspective of the actual walking journey from the bus stop to your hotel. If you place the "yellow/orange street view man" onto the GC Highway (say, somewhere on the GC Highway next to the words "John's Cycles"), you'll be able to see both bus stops on each side of the GC Highway.

I don't think it's difficult (you'll be making this trip quite often anyway, but with other times, you just won't have luggage with you), but, it is up to you whether you want to walk or catch the GC Tourist Shuttle bus, as I have never done it with two children in tow and after a long flight too! It is pretty much a flat road though, so, you don't need to worry about climbing hills! From the bus stop, you need to walk up a bit to the traffic lights so you can cross the GC highway, and then, make your way from there. You might want to print off walking instructions from Google Maps - should take you around 10 minutes walk.

You are right - you'll mostly be catching (or getting off, in the case of going from GC Airport to Broadbeach) the bus from either the bus stop outside the Gold Coast Convention Centre or getting off (or catching the bus, in the case of going from Broadbeach to GC Airport or to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary) the bus at the bus stop directly opposite the GC Convention Centre.

However, with Seaworld or if you are simply wanting to go to Surfers Paradise, which is the next area after Broadbeach, for example, you can catch the bus from the bus stop at Oasis Mall (on the Journey Planner website, I think it will appear as 'Broadbeach Mall') instead.

If you are shopping at Pacific Fair (the larger shopping centre in Broadbeach than Oasis Mall), there is a major bus interchange there, so, you can also catch buses to different destinations from there as well.

The reason why you'll be catching the bus most often from the Gold Coast Convention Centre though is because it is on the Gold Coast Highway, so, more buses run along the major highway instead of diverting into Oasis Mall.

Edited: 8:11 pm, November 12, 2012
Spore
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

Thanks, Arisanosila! Really appreciate your detailed directions! Now I have half the journey planned.

6. Re: Bus stops near Peppers Broadbeach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 27, 2013