We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

I'll be going gold coast for 7 full days in early november with 3 young children. Planned to rent a car as heard that public transport for 5 will be expensive.

For the first 4 days will be staying at surfer paradise.

For the remaining 3 days, would appreciate if someone can recommend where to go :(. Initially had wanted to stay at a farm but it's too expensive and decided not to...now am lost as to where should i go :(

Thanks much!

I've planned the following :-

Day 1 : Paradise Country Farm

Day 2 :Seaworld

Day 3 : Movie world

Day 4 : which will be better ? Mt tambourine or gold coast hinterlands?

Day 5 : ???

Day 6 : ???

Day 7

brisbane
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Why don't you drive up to Brisbane for a visit? 1 hour away, where you can catch a ferry to explore the Brisbane River, walk around South Bank and visit the galleries, and drive up to Mount Cootha for the views

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Hi,

Thanks much. also considering to do so but brisbane accomodations are expensive!

From brisbane, should i drive up further for the next 2 days? if yes, any recommendations where to go? I'm from the city so thinking of letting my kids have sight of the nature too but not sure whether they will be bored after the seaworld and movie world.

Would dreamworld be suitable for them too? heard the rides are thrilling. my twins are only 3 years old this year, dun wan to waste $$ to go if it is not suitable for them coz on a tight budget.

Thanks for your help as I'm so clueless ....

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Hi

Day 4 - Mt Tamborine is part of the Gold Coast hinterland

Day 5 - visit Currumbin wildlife sanctuary

Day 6 - drive to Byron bay and see Australia's most easterly point, cape Byron lighthouse

brisbane
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

You can do Brisbane as a day trip from the Gold Coast, and not worry about accommodation. I'm sure your kids will enjoy Dreamworld, as my kids did when they were that age - all the theme parks do cater for toddlers with special rides and shows for that age group.

www.shopadockets.com.au has lots of Gold Coast discounts for those on a budget, as do Groupon, Spreets and Cudo. For my visitors from Malaysia and Singapore, I always recommend the drive past the Palazzo Versace Hotel, up the Southport Spit, then round the back on a fine day to see the variety of fishing and watersports on display - quite a contrast to home.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice!

Would also like to check whether it would be better to plan the springbrooks glow worms after a day at the theme parks or after mt tamborine?

I've planned my mt tamborine day as follows :-

not sure whether it is feasible for a day trip from Gold Coast

Gallery walk, Hike to Curtis fall (heard it is an easy walk) and Orielly Tree top walk with bird feeding...

So wondering whether i should go to the glow worm tour after mt tamborine or after a day at Seaworld..

Thanks much once again !

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Dear Surfoz

Would currumbin be similar to paradise farm? Coz I will be going to paradise farm on the first day. initially wanted to go byron bay on the first day before going to paradise farm but not sure whether there will be sufficient time. Or which one is better...Heard of the tropical fruit farm too but its expensive so not sure whether its worth it.

I'll be arriving at gold coast airport on the first day at 8am. Think i am too ambitious :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
180 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

We are also planning to go for a 7 day trip and had planned to stay 2 days in Byron Bay Farmstay and 1 day in Springbrook. All will require driving.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Hi JLH

Certainly too ambitious to do both Byron bay and paradise farm on day1.

Paradise farm is good for farm style animals and activities whereas currumbin is more focused on native Australian animals. Your kids shoud love both but I wouldn't suggest you do both on the same day.

Singapore, null...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Hi

I am from Singapore and going there in Nov too :)

I find this place The Rockpools, it look fun for the kids and it's free

If u have weekend go Carara Market, it's a expeience, I been there one years ago.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help where to go after 4 days at Gold Coast

Hi all

Thanks for your replies.

Could advise whether it will be better to go to see the glow worms at springbrook after mt tambourine or movie world . Thanks much