We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
432 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

We are planning on visiting Dreamworld and Seaworld for 1 day each. Is it cheaper to buy the tickets online than at the gate?

Is there any other discount vouchers that are available once at the Gold Coast that would give a better discount than the buy online price? If so, where would these be found?

152 replies to this topic
brisbane
Level Contributor
227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

If you happen to be going there with a local, the good old Shopadockets www.shopadocket.com.au have a deal at the moment where adults enter Dreamworld at kids prices.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

Regardless of cost, avoid buying tickets at the gate - the queues at the gate are often long and you can waste a lot of time standing in line.

RACV has discounted tickets for members.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

If you have the Entertainment Book, then they will offer the best discount by buying them online.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
432 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

No Entertainment Book here I'm afraid. I used to buy them years ago, pre-children and used them for dining out. I haven't bought one since having children as I didn't think I'd use it, but perhaps I should revisit that as there seems to be other things I would use it for other than fine dining.

Will look into getting them through RACV.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

Hi will be travelling to Gold Coast this March with my two 8yrs old girls,

Which is a theme park that we should go?

Where can I get a good discount for the theme parks ticke

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
447 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

Hi Amanda

It depends on what you want to see at the theme parks.

A popular choice is Dreamworld. It has a lot of rides for adults and children, it also has a wildlife section where you can pat kangaroos and see koalas etc.

It has a water park attached to it (waterslides etc). You can buy a ticket just to Dreamworld or buy a combination ticket for Dreamworld and the waterpark.

http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/

The other choice which is good value is a combination ticket which includes movie world, seaworld and wet 'n wild (water park). One fee to include all these parks as many times as you like. Movie world doesn't have as many rides as Dreamworld, Seaworld has a lot of marine animals not many rides.

https:/…VIP-Pass.aspx

Dreamword is not included in the combination offer.

Edited: 5:25 pm, January 30, 2013
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

We have just returned from Theme Park holiday and if you don't buy them online ($99 each • VIP Passes) then purchase at your accommodation.

At the moment it is same price for adults and children, they R doing discount for family of 4+.

They will give U unlimited entry to all 3 parks until June 2013:

SeaWorld - take refreshments, small esky. The food is not good there. Pay a little extra to enter their waterworks. Don't forget to go sick with the water canons on the Buccaneers boats :-D

Wet N Wild - Take those refreshments! Line Ups for slides are min. 1hr wait at present, u don't want to stand in line for food or a drink as well.

Movieworld - unless u have very little ones, the food options r good here. They have decent, fresh food, not fried stuff and plenty places to eat it.

Get the Family VIP Pass being offered online at present. Prices won't change unless u have some entertainment book to use vouchers from.

Prepare to scream regularly • totally acceptable!

Day passes R only $10 cheaper and def. not worth it unless U can't avoid.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

We have just returned from Theme Park holiday and if you don't buy them online ($99 each • VIP Passes) then purchase at your accommodation.

At the moment it is same price for adults and children, they R doing discount for family of 4+.

They will give U unlimited entry to all 3 parks until June 2013:

SeaWorld - take refreshments, small esky. The food is not good there. Pay a little extra to enter their waterworks. Don't forget to go sick with the water canons on the Buccaneers boats :-D

Wet N Wild - Take those refreshments! Line Ups for slides are min. 1hr wait at present, u don't want to stand in line for food or a drink as well.

Movieworld - unless u have very little ones, the food options r good here. They have decent, fresh food, not fried stuff and plenty places to eat it.

Get the Family VIP Pass being offered online at present. Prices won't change unless u have some entertainment book to use vouchers from.

Prepare to scream regularly • totally acceptable!

Day passes R only $10 cheaper and def. not worth it unless U can't avoid.

Perth
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

Great review thanks Lisa, lots of good tips. Does anyone know about the AVIS Holiday Voucher Booklet and what is available in it?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets

Where can I buy those VIP $99 theme park tickets everyone is talking about, the cheapest I have seen them is buy three get one free.

Reply to: Best way to buy discount theme park tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted