We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

Auckland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

Is there any real difference between these two tours?

The Superduck has half price tours for their first and last tours of the day, so we will go with one of those unless the Aquaduck tour is better?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Aquaduck
Aquaduck
289 Reviews
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

I think they are about the same, would go with the one that has a discount.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

I have been on both and reckon Superduck is heaps better and its just a bonus its discounted. I love their little quacking toys!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

Definitely AQUADUCK! So professional, well worth the money. Went on both and Superduck (or as my kids call it - SuperSUCK) was very ordinary.

This is the classic case of you get what you pay for. Remember that.

You get what you pay for.

Aquaduck - BRILLIANT!!!

Mentioned in this post
Aquaduck
Aquaduck
289 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

You really do get what you pay for!

There is just no comparing the two - Sorry SuperDuck, but you did leave us stranded for an hour while you were trying to fix it mid way through the trip and apparently this is a very common fault with SuperDuck as we have found out from other forums.

Aquaduck is definitely the one to go on if you want happy memories of your Gold Coast trip.

Mentioned in this post
Aquaduck
Aquaduck
289 Reviews
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,223 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

I was under the impression that both companies cover the same route or near enough not to matter. Cost and availability at the time would be my criteria. Breakdowns happen, its how they handle it is the important factor.

Auckland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

We did the Superduck tour - first tour of the day so we got it half price for mentioning their website advertisement. It was pretty average. The sound system was not working so we couldn't hear the commentary for most of it. Both the kids got to 'drive' the duck ) - albeit very briefly, and received a certificate at the end. Each rider also got a juice during the cruise. I wouldn't recommend the tour. Might try the Aquaduck if we ever do it again...

Mentioned in this post
Aquaduck
Aquaduck
289 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

Repeated Breakdowns Bean41? - I do appreciate your comment in order to assist people in choosing the best value for money, but no this is not acceptable.

How they should handle it, is to ensure the ship is fixed once and for all.

I do worry about my children being on a somewhat suspect vessel, It can be down right dangerous.

I honestly do hope they get there issues resolved because such discounted tickets can be attractive. However, I will not risk my children's safety no matter how cheap they are.

8. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, December 16, 2013
Surfers Paradise...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

DEFINITELY GO WITH AQUADUCK. Superduck is incredibly unprofessional, their vehicle constantly breaks down…I have known this to happen up to 3 times a week. Also, their staff are taught to take the customer for everything they've got. They will not allow children under 3 on the bus for free even if you hold your infant on your lap. DO NOT GO TO SUPERDUCK. You will be much happier with the friendly and professional staff at Aquaduck :)

Mentioned in this post
Aquaduck
Aquaduck
289 Reviews
Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Superduck or Aquaduck tour??

we took aquaduck a week ago , and it was really fun! my 4 year old got to 'drive' the duck, and he also got a licence! The staff were also incredibly friendly.

not sure about superduck, never took them.

enjoy ur trip!