We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
2 posts
Save Topic
Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

can anyone tell me which kind of transportation I should take from the Brisbane international airport to Gold Coast other than taxi or renting a car. thanks

Gladstone Qld Aust
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

There are buses throughout the day (definitely from the domestic terminal and I assume international - otherwise domestic terminal is near international). Or else you can go by train. Checkout www.bne.com.au and click on 'To and From Airport'. You can also get a limousene but it is expensive.

France
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

Hi there,I would strongly recommand to take the train, it's stressless and really your reach the nearest train station (in about an hour or so) then you just have to jump into a local bus and hit the center (about twenty minuts, regular starts)Enjoy your trip to the Gold Coast and say a big hi to this side of the pacific ocean for me (am in France)Melanie

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,821 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

Do not book a transfer bus. They are slow and expensive (cheaper to hire a car for 2 people). If there's only 1 of you use the train and then connect with the bus. if there's more than 1 look carefully becuase it might be more economical to hire a small car. Sometimes you can pick them up at around $30 a day (aus) or less.

Gold Coast...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

If not already too late there is a shuttle bus which is quite reasonble in price. What is your destination on the Gold Coast as I live here and will help you choose.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

Catch the train for $22 adult,$17.70 for students.The train station is right at the front door of the airport terminal.The train takes you to the Gold Coast without changing trains in Brisbane and you hop off at Nerang and there are always buses waiting to transport passengers the Surfers/Broadbeach.Don't bother hiring a car,by the time you finish with all the paperwork etc. you'd be half way to the Coast on the train.