We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does schoolies start?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
When does schoolies start?

Hi, When does the schoolies start as we are heading to Surfers from 21/11 to 24/11 with young kids?

Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: When does schoolies start?

You'd be surprised how few schoolies frequent the theme parks. Most of them go to bed very late - ie. sunrise, and are sleeping off the night before most of the day.

sydney
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: When does schoolies start?

Was at Gold coast 2 years ago during Schoolies week. During the day it was not as busy as they do not surface until late morning or afternoon. Early evening was not to bad a few early starters but late evening I would not even venture out in the mall. You will not have any problem staying at Seaworld Resort. It was a good place to stay when I was there 5 year ago.

I did go to Dreamworld whilst I was there and it was not that crowded. I did go during the week and not on the weekend.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: When does schoolies start?

Hi all, Thanks very much for the advice/tips. Will definetely take those recommendations. For a moment, I thought I might have an unpleasant holiday. Cheers.

14. Re: When does schoolies start?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 02, 2010