We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

We will be at Twin Towers, and on foot. What places are good to eat at, fish & seafood?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

There's a fleet that operates out of the Tweed river and so should be no problems with freshness.

I can't remember names of places but you will find no shortage of restaurants up the main street and over on the esplanade and even a few in interconnecting streets/arcades/malls.

Twin Towers itself has no shortage of eating options.

And then in taking a walk up to Greenmount [not far] following No Through road closest to coast there's a collection of older buildings and not sure if a restaurant is operating out of there at moment but if so it'll have superb views to the north.

And a walk in the other direction from Coolangatta around the beachfront [about a kilometre] and you'll come to the Kirra Hotel, set on other side of road from the beach, older pub that doesn't look too flash but still a reasonable outlook and good food last time I was there.

Couple of other places just along from the Hotel too.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

hi,there are many eateries along there,all within walking dsitance.

the actual TwinTowers Club has several eateres,cafe and restaurant style.There are numerous lovely restaurants and cafes along the main strips in Grifith street and MArine Parade,there is also a lovely restaurant(name escapes me)i think its named Shank,underneath the Blue C apartment complex,up the top end of Marine Parade,on McClean street,which is the street that runs along the beach frontage,going in the other direction of where you will be located.

I also personally love Mexican and always go to the upstairs restaurant,above a shopping plaza,with a nice balcony for evening breezes,Aztec Mexican.

MArine Parade.

They also have a great pancake restaurant next door!

www.aztecmontezuma.com.au/locations.html

theres also Fish n wine at 2 Marine Parade Shop 6 Reflections Tower,

5 min walk from your acomm.

Personally I enjoy the award winning Pub of the Coolie hotel on Marine Parade.They have seafood on the menu.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

As mentioned there are heaps of places to eat along the Coolangatta beachfront and Griffith Street.

For cafe style/takeaway seafood you can't go past Scales Seafoods 47 Kennedy Drv, Tweed Heads just over the border in NSW.

Quite often there is a traffic jam outside this shop at lunchtime and dinner time with people picking up takeaway fish and chips! Very Popular.

But, it would be a good 15 mins walk from your accom though south along Wharf Street and into Kennedy Drive. At night perhaps take a taxi down there?

The Ivory Tavern in Wharf Street, Tweed Heads is having a special at the moment with $5 T-Bone steaks on Thursdays all day. It is a pleasant place to eat overlooking the water also.

"Thai Ruby" on the beachfront in Coolangatta is great thai food.

www.earthnseapizza.com.au/ also on the beachfront.

Several Restaurants also operate for reasonable prices within the Twin Towns Services Club accesable from your accomodation by an airwalk.

You will love it. PLenty to see (and eat)

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

hi Beach!!

i forgot to mention the other way into Tweed!!! lol.

I really enjoyed a meal we had at the bowling club in Tweed.ofcourse,you need to drive to that one.

But the walk to the shopping plaza in Tweed isnt far from Twin towns either.

or catch a a bus.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

hey beach,dont you find earthnsea a little dear!?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

We were just in Coolie on the weekend. Its a fabulous as ever :)

There is a new complex called Reflection across the road from Twin Towns which has about a dozen new cafes/coffee shops and take aways, including a very good Japanese, a good seafood cafe, Nandos, Coffee Club, Gelati etc....

Across the road from that on the beach is the Greenmount Surf club - where we had a very acceptable lunch with a stunning view and there is also the iconic Rainbow Bay Surf club around in the next bay, who do a great brunch.

There are many bbq's and tables etc...at both beaches and around Snapper Rocks so grab a chook or some fish and chips for a great diy meal. If you walk a little further around Snapper Rocks you will be at Durnbah where there is one cafe/bar and again a great beach.

Also on Marine Parade ( waterfront) in the older section is a fantastic Sushi place which has won numerous awards and has Japanese owners. We couldnt get enough of it.

http://www.osushi.com.au/

The Coolangatta Hotel itself, on Marine Parade is also good.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

p.s. Lilyana - Fish & Wine is no longer.

There is still another fish place a few doors up - no idea why they had 2 so close to each other - same landlord ! ( hence the outcome no doubt:(

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

ok,thanks for that tip 40ish.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

ive been a bit under the weather of the past few months.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat in Coolangatta?????

I visited Coolangatta a few weeks ago and had lunch at the surf club which has great oceans views and the food was terrific too.

As 40C mentioned the new Reflection building has heaps of cafes etc.etc..and we have also always enjoyed the Italian Restuarant (forgotten name) which is a few doors up from The Oaks Calypso Plaza Hotel.

EM.