We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access in coolangatta

india
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Internet access in coolangatta

We are staying at Coolangatta - Reflection on the Sea apartments for 2 weeks vacation in Gold Coast. Unfortunately the apartment does not provide wireless or wired internet access.

Is is it possible to rent a 3G data card for 15 days in Coolangatta? There is a McDonald near the Reflection on the sea apartments - is it wi-fi enabled? Any other options for broadband internet access? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

Thats slack for a new building not to provide broadband!

Anyhow McDonalds does have paid wireless available.

There is an internet cafe in Griffith St and $2 ADSL machines available in the Showcase shopping centre.

Some of the cafes also have free wireless.

Queensland
Level Contributor
664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

There is an internet cafe on the corner of Griffith and Warner streets Coolangatta, near Montezumas Restaurant, their phone number is 07 55992001 or you can google Coolangatta Internet Cafe, cheers Ella

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

I agree with you Surfoz that a new building of this quality should have wireless available - although they do have dial up.

mkp75 - Gloria Jeans and McDonalds downstairs have a broadband "hotspot" and there is an internet cafe across the road.

india
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

Thanks Surfoz and Beach8um. I will use the services suggested by you during the day time. However, due to timezone differences with my home country, I may end up using the internet at odd hours. Any idea how reliable is dialup access and can I subscribe to any of the service online for a short period? I agree with both of you and surprised to find that the apartment does not have broadband cabled or wireless.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

You can get a dialup service through the hotel for short periods, but it is a lot slower than Broadband. It is reliable.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

agree with all said.im sure that dial up will be fine for 2 weeks.not like youre going to live on the net(are you?!)

anyway,I live with dial up all the time!!

7. Re: Internet access in coolangatta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 12, 2009