We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Bundaberg a trip report.

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Bundaberg a trip report.

Well this time work takes me to Bundaberg-another town that gets adverse publicity but is worth consideration.I will just post this short introduction so as to not take up to much space-conceited me expects this to go on for more than one page!

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Bundaberg a trip report.

The fact that this post is the first in the Bundaberg forum shows how the place does rate.First the accommodation.I am staying in Manta a new unit block at Bargara.Now although they call this Bargara beach the beaches here have a lot of rock and no surf.There are however some good patches of sand and it would be great for families with young children.

Most of the units here face the beach.As it is around the time of the winter solstice I am easily awake for sunrise.todays was absolutely spectacular.At just before 8am when I go off to work the temperature is 15C and approx 24C for the maximum-quite pleasant for the middle of winter.It is about a 15 minute drive into Bundy through canefields and small crops and is quite pleasant.I feel a better place to stay than in the CBD.

At Bargara there is Kacey's restaurant which generally is of a good standard but a little pricey.Lunch on the deck of the Bargara hotel is very pleasant and good.There are some other restaurants here but as in an apartment I have not tried them.

Next instalment-the attractions of Bundy itself.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Bundaberg a trip report.

Very pleasant place. Have stopped there a number of times during our endless trips up and down that horrid Bruce Highway. Bargara does seem to double in population each time we visit so getting on the map lol

I would think it too close to Hervey Bay for many travellers who once on the road want to cover some miles. However it is worth considering for some that perhaps want to experience both Fraser Island and reef trips out of Town of 1770 being mid point. I have also heard that snorkelling and diving from the shore is supposed to be excellent at Bargara. I wish I had tried it myself to be an authority! There are sandy stretches, perhaps Kelly Beach and the entrance to the lagoon area is quite sandy.

So could make for a very nice holiday destination, especially for Brisbane residents. During summer the turtle nesting and hatchling at Mon repos is an added bonus. There is the golf course as well.

Very nice, maybe not unique enough to justify travelling around the world to see but for those looking for a nice week somewhere to relax, take some day trips or even see the the reef good spot. I prefer to Town 1770/Agnes Water because not so quiet but still very quiet place. Does that make sense?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Bundaberg a trip report.

Enjoyed reading your re[ort thanks. I especialy like Elliot Heads which is a bit to the south, Mon Repos beach is a good beach for walking on sand.

4. Re: 2 weeks in Bundaberg a trip report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 03, 2009