We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flynns beach resort

Which Port Macquarie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
flynns beach resort

has anybody stayed at flynn beach resort, is it ok? we are thinking of staying there next christmas. also is the beach nice?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flynns beach resort

I have been to P/M many times. There are plenty of resorts in P/M...I dont remember Flynns Beach Resort but if its opposite Flynns Beach then you have a lovely beach. Its not in town but not far away.

I guess it comes down to whether you want the beach or town atmosphere.

I think the resort has changed names. have a look at this thread below for more details.

http://www.flynns.com.au/location.html

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,940 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flynns beach resort

We overnight there a few years back enroute to Byron.

It's a quiet location and you have a short uphill walk across and then down to the beach. The units were clean and comfortable with one allocated parking space. Over Christmas the beach is crowded (many holiday makers drive out from town to use it) but if you are staying right there no probs.

The pool area is Ok but not a lot of lounge chairs...lots of grass..

there was a small restaurant/bar onsite which seemed popular but we ate at the mexican around the corner

The major supermarkets are a short drive away...we thought it would be agood location for alonger hol in PM (we don't like staying in the centre of busy things)

The link EM has given you is for a different property...this is the one for Flynns beach

http://www.flynnsbeachresort.com/

england
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flynns beach resort

thanks for info. we def want to stay away from the town and this seems like a quietish area with some surf and a good stretch of coastline to walk around. the first web site was for a different place and i have already looked at the proper website which sounds just what we want. the resort sounds ok a few years ago but has anyone stayed there more recently? many thanks

england
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flynns beach resort

has anyone stayed at the flynn beach resort recently, is it ok?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,940 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flynns beach resort

It's highly unlikely you'll find anyone on here who has stayed recently...it's not a "tourist" accom type of place more long stay for Aussie families.

In fact i was VERY surprised anyone was asking about it!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flynns beach resort

hi hlha

the property hasnt changed names , look at this link http://www.flynnsbeachresort.com/

there are many new resorts in the flynns beach area , i live in port , but i cant comment on any except for the oxley cove appartments or the shelly beach resort , right across the road from sea acres , i used to clean for both of these and although i havent for a while i know the lady cleaning the oxley cove appartments is still doing so and is a very thourough cleaner.

but as i said , there are many new resorts in flynns beach , so they should be nice and clean & new .

cheers

batt

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flynns beach resort

If you are looking to stay somewhere quiet with a great beach I would also recommend Lighthouse Beach, another 5 minutes or so south of PM town Centre. Lighthouse Beach Holiday Village is right on the beach and in a lovely natural setting. There are also a small lot of shops nearby and a lovely cafe right next door to the Caravan Park. The view from Tacking Point Lighthouse is just beautiful.

sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flynns beach resort

i couldnt think of a better place to stay if you have a young family - the facilities are great, theres plenty of room and its just across the road from beautiful flynns beach.and unlike all the other places around flynns beach it is the only place with an onsite bar and restauarnt. my kids didnt want to leave.

sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: flynns beach resort

we stayed at flynns beach resort last christmas and i couldnt think of a better place to stay if you have a young family. the rooms are spacious and clean and the facilities are great and there is so much room with wildlife and at christmas they had some great activities for the kids. the beautiful beach is just across the road and its the only place in the area with on site restuarant and bar.my kids didnt want to leave.

england
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: flynns beach resort

many thanks, we have now booked in for christmas this year and i have only just read your report and am really pleased it sounds good. looking forward to it and will report when i return.