We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

Hi,

I am looking for a good vinyeard in the valley which would also have a really nice fine dining type restaurant with good views, but somewhere that preferably offers nice accomodation as well - or is close by to some good places.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,976 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

Hey Denster, I've eaten at Amanda's on the Edge ( a few years ago now) and thought it was very nice. There are accoms attached but I didn't stay there. If you have a car it is easy to get around the Valley though that would limit the amount of wines that can be drunk by the driver of course.

Note that the HV does not have high views as such, the views are more rolling hills and vineyards rather than high mountains.

This website shows some other dining possibilities as well, some even higher rated than Amanda's: http://tinyurl.com/cm9v54g

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

The Tower Lodge offers first class accommodation within a award winning vineyard.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

http://www.towerestatewines.com/

Edited: 6:52 am, December 16, 2012
Bulli, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

My favourite used to be Roberts Restaurant , it is so quaint. But now I LOVE Muse it is fine dining with an awesome degustation menu , but you have to book well in advance if you want to dine on a weekend.

Also Peppers is worth a try?

Hunter Valley Wine...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

Hi Denster,

These might be suitable for you:

Bimbadgen Estate - has onsite s/c accom, Esca Restaurant with high views

Ridgeview Wines - has onsite s/c accom, Ridgeview Restaurant with views of own vineyard

Tower Estate - luxury guest rooms, Roberts Restaurant is a short walk, views of property

Windsors Edge - has onsite s/c accom, Amandas on the Edge Restaurant with views of own vineyard

Other options are Adina Vineyard, Emmas Cottage Vineyard, Tatler Wines, Wandin Valley.

All these places have the trifecta of accom, wine & restaurant, most with vineyard views.

If you go to www.winecountry.com.au you can find out plenty of info on the above.

5. Re: Best Vineyard with Fine Dining and Accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 06, 2014