We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcastle Area for Christmas

Newbury, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Newcastle Area for Christmas

Hi all,

i'm currently planning a trip to Australia for most of December. I've got either side of Christmas sorted, and will be travelling down the east coast from Brisbane (17th) to Sydney (28th).

At the moment, it's looking like the two of us will be in the Newcastle area for Christmas - so I'm planning on booking somewhere for the 24th and 25th December, and travel over to the Blue Mountains on the 26th... subject to fires :(

Ideally, we'd like to be near to the beach, as however corny it may seem I'd like to spend Christmas on the beach hang a barbie and a stroll!

Could you guys recommend any good places to stay? Budget is $150-250 a night - it is Christmas after all and I'd prefer to spend it somewhere nicer :)

Thanks for any help and tips!

Steve

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Newcastle Area for Christmas

No. Manly is not close-ish to Newcastle. It is like 100 miles away. A bit like staying in Bristol as it is close-ish to London.

12. Re: Newcastle Area for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, February 02, 2016