We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Newcastle

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mudgee, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Newcastle

Family move to Newcastle from country NSW. I'd like some info on good High schools. This is one of the most difficult aspects of moving! Also areas to live close to F3 and nice sporting clubs.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Newcastle

Hi Cate

Only travel related topics ( not moving to or within locations ) is allowed in TA, so your thread will be closed by the moderators.

In the meantime, schools are such a subjective thing, that I think you will need to do your own research, whether you're contemplating public or private schools.

As you no doubt know, unless it's a selective public school, your options are largely dictated by residential address, which is part if your question, I guess.

It's only a few hours drive Mudgee - Newcastle, so I think you need to have a few research trips.

Perhaps the Head of your children's current school may be able to give you some pointers/ recommendations about schools.

Www.domain.com.au may be a good place to start house hunting.

Good luck !

2. Re: Moving to Newcastle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, January 28, 2013