We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambewarra, Nsw
Level Contributor
6 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

hi,

i am attending a basketball comp on june long weekend with a team or more of players. would like to book accommodation for the team at one motel or location.

can anyone please recommend a reasonably priced safe and comfortable option that can accommodate a team (probably about 10 rooms needed - some with more than 2 occupants..)

cheers,

simone

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

There is very little of anything besides a few houses and the entertainment/sporting centres close to Broadmeadow station.

There are several traditional hotels back along Lambton Rd towards the city but I think they would be unsuitable for you. The situation is not much better around Hamilton or in the other direction, Adamstown.

I suggest that you investigate the Ibis Hotel which is between Wickham and Civic. They are at 700 Hunter St. It is walking distance around the downtown area but not to the sporting centres at Broadmeadow.

Cambewarra, Nsw
Level Contributor
6 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

thanks so much for the information!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

It seems that someone from Sydney is giving info that is simply not correct -within walking distrance to the Basketball Stadium in Broadmeadow there is in Hamilton the Boulevard on Beaumont, the Tudor Inn and in Lambton the Executive Inn at Wests Leagues Club - there is also a couple of motels in Brunker Road Adamstown. However having said that Public Transport from the CBD to Broadmeadow is good so staying in there would not create many problems

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

I would say the same as Billy. The B'Ball stadium is right near to the train station. There is a Formule 1 in Newcastle, just near Civic Station. If you happen to be travelling in a team bus, There is a Country Comfort and Best Western on Maitland Rd, Mayfield. Don't know prices, but both are reasonable, and in the good end of Mayfield. I think the executive Inn at Wests will be expensive, and the Boulevard on Beaumont will be the same.

The mayfield Motels are only 10-12 mins away by bus, and there is a very good all-you-can-eat buffet at the Diggers Club in Hanbury street, which is on your way home. I take it Basketballers wouldn't eat much. . .

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

Or if you can continue on the train to Newcastle near the beach there is the Backpakers if that's your go. looks good and is in a fantastic location, although you prob won't want to surf in June LOL!

yha.com.au/hostels/…

$30 per night quad share

6. Re: reasonable motel/cabin accommodation near broadmeadow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, January 10, 2014