We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuel Availability on Christmas Day 2011

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
1 post
124 reviews
Save Topic
Fuel Availability on Christmas Day 2011

I will be passing through Te Anau on Christmas Day. Will there be a fule station open? Many thanks. Kay

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuel Availability on Christmas Day 2011

Just checked with Mobil, Te Anau, and they will be open Xmas day. Probably the other gas stations will be open also.

Don't continue on to Milford without filling up, There is no fuel once you leave Te Anau. You should have at least half a tank to get you from Te Anau to Milford and back

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuel Availability on Christmas Day 2011

If I was travelling on Christmas day I would ensure that I topped up the day previous as late in the day as possible and then if finding a petrol statoion open top again on Xmas Day. In many small towns around NZ most places close up for Xmas Day. Some may be open until around noon but once lunch comes thats it. Only petrol stations, dairies and food establishments are allowed to be open everything else must close. So take VBC's advice and top up in Te Anau and make sure that you have enough petrol to complete your intended journey. Life will return to almost normal boxing day

Edited: 2:06 am, November 18, 2011
3. Re: Fuel Availability on Christmas Day 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 31, 2012